Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Competition Time !!!!

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
"Ego Dominus" - literally translates as "Ego Master" but can be interpreted as "Ego One above all"

Why?

1). totally agree with everything Missy-Q said in post #47

2). Easy to say (like Hunter, Elemental, Dark Trooper, Midnight, Ashes 2, Regal 2, Shiner 2); "Dominus" = 3 syllable word

3). "Dominus" is a neutral marketable word:
- Doesnt rely on translations of internet memes (eg. for the win) - sounds cheesy
- Doesnt rely on violent verbs (eg. to kill) - not marketable by a commercial company, especially a paintball one!
- Not religiously inflammatory (eg. Deus/Deo) - lacks class & been done to death before.
- Not a phrase (eg. respect the vanquished) - too complex....phrases are only good to be lasered on markers, not as a name for it.
- Not a philosphical interpretation (eg. rhetoric from Aristotle, Plato, Bacon, Freund, Socrates, Descrates) - again, too complex for a layman to understand.

4). "Dominus" latin tag keeps in line with the latin mottos utilized on ego.
- Possible connotations to British public schooling and the Ego's British roots where latin is still taught in Eton, Harrow, Rugby, Merchant Taylors, Haberdashers Askes' etc. Americans will lap that up!

5). "Dominus" is a relatively simple understandable latin word for our American counterparts. Shame on them if they don't know what A.D. means in the first place!

6). Sets it apart from the rest of the Ego11 series. The modifications made to it probably does make it "one above all" or "master" of the Ego11 series.

It's not my intention to criticize other people's choices in the examples i have quoted above but i needed something to illustrate my point(s).

Reactions: Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Looks I like may be a little late with some of these as I had

PRIME - Pete Robinson Intelligently Modified Ego

Many definitions of PRIME - but some I like are - First in excellence, performance and quality as well as 'The age of ideal physical perfection and intellectual vigor'

also the beautifully simple Ego R+ (Know possibly as either the 'R plus' or the 'R Add' = RADD)

Now which charity should I donate the £50 prize to ? ;)
Hmmmmm, clever, quite clever, I like it ... and as for the topping on the charity cake? ....nice move .. :)

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
my 2p worth

planet eclipse ego 11 signature R
or
planet eclipse ego 11 SRS (sls is there daddy marker so SRS seems fitting sRS meaning signature robbo series obv)

:)