Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Delta Force Hard Sell

O

ollytheosteo

On a final note, before DF's hard sales policy is comdemned too hastily, consider that the rental sites make the bucks for the paint companies and their distributors. Without the rental sites paint and equipment would be a lot more expensive for us tourney players and sponsorships, i doubt would exist or at best only for the elite!
True enough, but most of them manage to do this without flooding town centres with people whose job it is to bother you as you go about your business. I lived and worked for nearly five years in a small northern town which was suddenly overrun with such types to the point where it was impossible to walk down the high street without being hassled about claims, insurance, etc etc etc, and I never met anyone with a good word for this kind of sales technique. In fact a lot of people were really bothered/intimidated by it. It's all very well saying that people can ignore them if they don't want to talk about whatever, but why the hell should they have to? This kind of practice is the face-to-face equivalent of those pricks that call you at 9:30 pm to talk about double glazing, and I don't like to see paintball associated with such rude and intrusive sales techniques. Add the stories people are telling about the company concerned, and it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth; however hard you try to justify it, it's still making money at the expense of the truth and people's personal space. Most paintball companies manage to make money, sponsor teams and do their bit for the sport without bothering people on the street.

By the way- who does Delta Force sponsor?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
A friend has actually found the site, and i shall be having a look this week, any new site close to home is always a good thing.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Hi Ollie.... yeah i know what you mean... some days i just can't be bothered with street vendor types either. Having said that, i've never met one i couldn't just walk past and say 'no, sorry, i haven't time'. How much you let it get to you i guess is up to you,...if it helps you deal with anoyance then tell them to f*** off! ;) Personally I think it's a bit like ads on TV...you either sit there and watch em or go & make a cuppa!!

Anyways, I have no iinput re the sales side of ops at DF but it must be a sales approach that works or they wouldn't do it. From marshalling I know that a lot of business is repeat custom as ppl regularly remember me from the last time they came, so i suppose the 'on the street' approach is to encourage ppl to play for the first time (with DF of course, lol!).

Tom, if you and your friend are interested why not ask about marshalling there? At the moment (because the site is relatively new) we are sending marshals down from HO as we haven't recruited any experienced ones in Cardiff yet.... just a thought...

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I'm tied up most weekends teching, but i've got a mate who may be interested in marshalling. Is it just weekends, or more.

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
I think what the salesperson may have been trying to say is that the first 100 balls which are included are at half price and thereafter its 5p a ball... pretty standard rates for paint .. i dont know of any rental sites cheaper??
On the edge events.......1.8p per ball (top price for quality paint (EVIL))

About how they dry fire markers in shopping malls and feed people a bunch of s**t to sell tickets. and im not gona deny they dont, coz it causes us trouble from customers all the time, when they come in asking for there machine guns, quad bikes or free paint all day that they were promised
Sorry....let me get this right....they go around with live markers in shopping centres and dry fire them....and this is a good way to promote the safe sport of paintball...HELLO, am i missing something here ?????

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
1.8p per ball for a rental site??, so you sell to rental;s for £36 a box? If so i agree thats damn good value, however do you make a profit?

Some sales promotions staff do have infernos with them but NOT with co2. They take the markers along to show joe public what a paintball marker looks like is all.

Oh btw, the fourth 'castle' field is now up and running at the Cardiff site and 2 more under construction.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I'm going to try and have a look tomorrow, and 1.8p a ball is silly, no site would last long at that price. A business has to make profit to survive, and 5p a ball is cheap enough.

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
Originally posted by Gups
1.8p per ball for a rental site??, so you sell to rental;s for £36 a box? If so i agree thats damn good value, however do you make a profit?

Some sales promotions staff do have infernos with them but NOT with co2. They take the markers along to show joe public what a paintball marker looks like is all.
i have checked the site again and paint prices are actually 3p per ball for 100 and 2.1p per ball if you buy a box

as for the markers...thanks for clearing that up....i have to say that i have never seen or been approached by these sales people, but reading about that marker tactic really did worry me.

Thanks for clearing that up