Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Delta Force Hard Sell

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
There was certainly no dry firing of markers in Telford in fact the bottles were not attached.

They did have new Inferno's with a fore grip like the Tippman's, not seen them before.

I think you will find the 1.8p a ball at On The Edge is for the the special Walk On days although there are normal punters there as well and they are charged the same price. Not sure what the normal price is though.

If Delta Force are charging 5p/ball/100 thats not bad for punters but the way it was sold to me is that if you bought the voucher then you got half price paint at 5p/ball.

Gups you say that you get a lot of repeat business, thats probably because they are using up all of their vouchers!;)

I have nothing against DF apart from there sales tactics, nothing wrong with a stand in the local shopping centre in fact I think it is a good idea.

I just object to any company that employs hard sell tactics (and this voucher thing).

Gups you have nothing to do with the marketing side, no-ones having a go at you.

Just let them know the strength of feeling will you?

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Roland
Gups you have nothing to do with the marketing side, no-ones having a go at you. Just let them know the strength of feeling will you?
Already did that last week ;) :p

trojen

THINK ON
Mar 18, 2004
darlington county durham
Originally posted by Gups

Some sales promotions staff do have infernos with them but NOT with co2. They take the markers along to show joe public what a paintball marker looks like is all.

i'm sorry,but when i was down at a truck festival last year in humberside,there was a DF stand there so i took a walk across to see what the score was..........well they had markers there not only with bottles on but hoppers on with paint in aswell,fair enough 2 of them had barrel bungs in but not in properly so i put them in tight and they were letting ppl fire the markers at a DF banner at the back of the stand(bearing in mind there was no netting!!!)which was just a normal'trade stand' tent.he threw his sales pitch at me and i told him i play tourney ball ,he sounded impressed and asked what 'gun i shoot,i said an e-blade he looked puzzeled and didnt have a clue what one is.

'nuff' said

(desponge)

O

ollytheosteo

You do know that haveing a marker in a public place uncased could be interpreted as an offence don't you?:(
Depends upon the copper and the mood he/she is in at the time, but still very, very stupid.

RoryM

Jul 23, 2001
Luxembourg now
Visit site
and.....

Used to use this sort of company once too, might not be the same, but who knows. Got binned sharpish strangely enough.

Sales staff generally did not know what they were talking about, offered punters anything to get them to buy, and generally did not care. Once the punter was there at the venue, they just paid up as they had already spent god knows on these tickets.

The other problem experienced by these tickets was the copying. People then went around selling COPIES, and not even good ones at that, and turning up, only to be turned away.

As for what DF do, I don't know the agency in question or their practice, so I can't really comment on theirs, although they have accosted me around Covent Garden, and any deep question re kit, paint, sometimes seem to be a little vague.

Alas some sales bods (not necessarily DF's) seem more concerned with their commision, as they do not have to deal with the grumpy punter on a Sunday morning asking where the rest of their deal is!

I would strongly recommend that you tell people not to ever buy them from these agents in the street.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Well guys, i've just spent a day down the Cardiff Delta Force site. First impressions, fields are a bit small, but the site is run exceptionally well. Good equipment, reasonably good quality paint, marshalls eager to help, overall as a rec-ball site pretty good....:)

ginge2000

SMOKE THEM FOOLS
Oct 21, 2003
stalyvegas, so manc
Visit site
hows this

i know its an old thread but a quick insance for how little they know about paintball is that i had been down helping at a site and finished at about lunch time, i had to go into town to the bank still wearing my dye pants and jersey and was approached by some1 selling tickets and they didnt even know what i was wearing, i mean come on how stupid can you get