Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Delta Force

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
I run a paintball site and there is no way you could make a living and run a paintball site at £30 a box !!! No way in hell unless you cut corners and the likes.

If you charged £30 a box Mr Taxman would shaft you for any profit there was to be had.

To run a site right for a full day it costs me around £12 / head before paint, then the taxman.

Also you'll find they manufactor paint in america and sell a lot more gear than here. There ain't as much tax on something to buy it then sell it there either.
The whole culture is a different view to ours they fit work around play. We fit play around work ! So they can play more and get costs down.

Anyways back to the start of this thread don't smuggle paint !!

Sinbad

INfectious!
Oct 13, 2005
well the answer is quite simple if you want to take your own paint go to a bloody walkon thats what thier there for and leave the punter days to the average joe whos come maby once in his/hers life! so stop bitching about paint prices, a sites got to make money!

nutz

Banned
May 22, 2002
www.swatuk.com
bing

ok guys were missing the point here, ok punters (first time ) players, all agreed that £6.00 per 100 is butty money, walkons, recc ballers demand a lower rate due to the investment in kit, and less stress for the site owner, what were missing here, is what, the ability for a site operator to evolve to enhance the walkon player, currently s.w.a.t. have 60 members and rising weekly, we run a one day event per month charge em £2.00 per 100 + free co2 and air is £3.00 for the day, free breakfast, free lunch, it works, what were all forgetting the average baller does not live in this forum, they ring they book, they spend their hard earned on the one a year game play, so in the retrospect, on the concept of this thread, is this a rec baller calling or a novice one timer, the fact that this is a hard to find place suggests its a walkon-rec baller, maybe, take a feather out of the sites that have embraced these players and milk them gently, not rape em, (opinion based on my own personal experience) it works, keep the members/recc ballers happy they look after you, rip em they will rip you;)

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
No the point original point made was someone coming along to a site on a standard day and smuggling paintballs on to it. Most sites have a walk on day and charge rec ballers a cheaper fee like s.w.a.t. But we do not allow people to smuggle paint on.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
lol didnt realise it was going to get this much trouble, after what you have said I proberly wont risk it, I know they have to pay loads but could someone explain why a massive company such as delta force have some of the highest that I can find?

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Very very easy to answer. Because they can ! They plough the extra back into advertising and they are in the publics face all the time. No need to reduce prices if people pay them !

delta force + paint smugglers!

to be honest i have been to 2 delta force sites and i did not enjoy it at all if it wasnt for the site i play at now i wouldnt be enjoying this sport i would still be skating! the marshalls were grumpy and didnt really care about what was going on, the prices were ok (average for a punter day) and as for free t and coffee and lunch WTF??? didnt get any of that! thing is if the paint is costing you too much dont fire as many in each game! it only takes one ball to put someone out so be more sensible if you want to make your paint last! if your like me and want to enjoy paintball start marshalling then get your own gear and get a team together and go to tourneys and training days! if you want to go on punter days all the time expect to spend a lot of money on paint! the cheapest way to play paintball is to get your own gear and go to the same place, get to know everyone there and eventually you might be able to get a box of 2000 a tenner cheaper or something! its people that smuggle paint in and people who moan about the prices that ruin punter days! its simple IF YOU CANT F**KING AFFORD TO PLAY PAINTBALL DONT!!! dont cry to everyone on the forum about it!:mad:

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
I run a paintball site and there is no way you could make a living and run a paintball site at £30 a box !!! No way in hell unless you cut corners and the likes.

If you charged £30 a box Mr Taxman would shaft you for any profit there was to be had.

To run a site right for a full day it costs me around £12 / head before paint, then the taxman.

Also you'll find they manufactor paint in america and sell a lot more gear than here. There ain't as much tax on something to buy it then sell it there either.
The whole culture is a different view to ours they fit work around play. We fit play around work ! So they can play more and get costs down.

Anyways back to the start of this thread don't smuggle paint !!
However if more people turn up to your site wont this running cost per player decrease accordingly? Why cant things from your perspective be based on the very successful US model. At your site, and excluding walk-on players, what ratio of recball players are return visits, how often do they attend and whats the average age? If they do re-attend then its obviously because they like to play paintball, and if they like to play paintball then they will continue to do so and the only thing that I can think of putting them off attending is the prices which is definately true for the younger players. In my line of work repeat custom is a major income stream.

As I sit here feeling depressed from the United game and now watching Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares I dont find it that hard to believe that idiots with cocks up their arses do seem to be in charge and dictate the rules. Its all about people in charge that are sticking to a plan that makes them money but harms the progress of paintball.

P.S. Everyone buy a Lucky Un1tec barrel for Christmas!