• Yes, but shut up about it

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
It's can of worms time, and i'd like to see how split the sides for and against really are.

Mods, any chance of an anonymous poll?

Some people think it is big and clever to cheat, coming off a field and bragging about how many hits they lost, or the refs did not pick up on.

Some people teach their players how to cheat.

Is it really part of the game? is it a 3 way fight, team v team v refs on the field?

What are you thoughts on the matter?

Personally I have the ethic that cheating is wrong, it was instilled in me from when I joined my first team and has stuck with me ever since.

Over to you guys.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
As a recballer, I don't really see the point. It's much more fun to come out of a game talking about how your friend shot you to hell rather than talking about how you got away with playing on.

Hell, I've walked off a field before without a paint mark on me, simply because my mate made an awesome run around me. He hit me several times, but the paint didn't break. I still thought he deserved to see me walk for it though.

I feel really guilty if I find a hit on me I didn't notice. That's also happened before. Couldn't stop apologising.

Tom195

Mar 9, 2010
Newcastle, England
I don't see the point of cheating, at the end of the day you're just wasting your time and money. What is the point in spending loads of money on gear to play paintball then totaly ignore the main point of the game ?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
I think the poll title should be do you cheat not "are you FOR cheating"

I think most people are against cheating and feel it is wrong, everyone hates shooting a player only to see him come back out of the bunker cleaner than Richard Hammonds teeth, and im sure most players will admit to cheating.

Its a tough call and the refs job is incredibly hard. If team x are cheating and getting away wth it, then team y thinks hell if thats what it takes then we will do it too. Can we erradicate cheating from the game? not unless we change the game completely and somehow develop projectiles that upon impact send an electrical signal saying your are out to a computer on the side of the field (or something like that you get the idea.)

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
I think the poll title should be do you cheat not "are you FOR cheating"

I think most people are against cheating and feel it is wrong, everyone hates shooting a player only to see him come back out of the bunker cleaner than Richard Hammonds teeth, and im sure most players will admit to cheating.

Its a tough call and the refs job is incredibly hard. If team x are cheating and getting away wth it, then team y thinks hell if thats what it takes then we will do it too. Can we erradicate cheating from the game? not unless we change the game completely and somehow develop projectiles that upon impact send an electrical signal saying your are out to a computer on the side of the field (or something like that you get the idea.)

taser balls would be fun!

FrontlineArtist

Super Registered User
Jun 11, 2010
Berkshire
Is it really part of the game? is it a 3 way fight, team v team v refs on the field?
It does seem like it in some of the games i've seen but it just turns into a dirty sport like football where players try to get away with everything wile the refs not looking but in plain sight of everyone else. Sometimes it also promotes players to become overly serious about the game which just ruins it for everyone.

Personly I think its poor sportmanship and being a rec player myself i've never seen the need to cheat anyway.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
If you're cheating, what is the point of playing? Personally I think bounce vests count as cheating, I only play rec ball but one of our marshalls used to play in a league where you were allowed only a single layer of thin clothing on your top half - seems the fairest way to me.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
In a tournament situation I have no problem with cheating, providing they don't try and lie or BS about it afterwards. At least then there is a certain honesty about it. It the people who blatantly cheat and then lie about it, denying profusely that they did or ever do cheat that really piss me off.

Oh, and for the record yes I cheat. If I get shot on the bump and can loose the hit on a slide I will, if asked afterwards by the shooter I will admit it and praise his shooting and probably comment on the reffing, but I wont apologise.

Do I think it's big and cleaver? No, but I know I prefer to win and if the gain is big enough and the risk small enough... You see the same in professional sports all the time.