• No

Votes: 76 69.7%
  • Yes, but shut up about it

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters
Jan 5, 2006
Kent
Visit site
I don't like cheating. My view is that it a) spoils the game for the guy that shot you, and b) spoils the game for yourself, as it makes a win an empty achievement.

Once enough people are cheating, then more 'non cheaters' are forced to either cheat as well, or give up the sport, and very quickly the game can become a complete farce. Then we are in a situation where we are spending valuable time and money indulging in pantomime - not really a 'sport' at all.

Also, regular cheating makes you a lazy player, ... why try to run that little bit faster or dive earlier to avoid getting shot, ... if you are just going to lose the shot anyway ! Cheating is no way to improve your game.

I wonder how many successful players out there are actually rubbish 'ballers - slow, don't play tight etc, but they make up for that lack of ability by cheating... ?

I think the worst cheaters are often those of us who have some kind of personality failing, ... they take getting shot as such a massive chip to their ego that they just cannot face it and have to 'play on'. Good grief - get a life ! Getting shot is part of the game. If you don't like walking - don't play the game ! Cheating does not make you a paintball ninja - it just makes you a sad git.