Votes: 13 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 76 69.7%
  • Yes, but shut up about it

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters
G

Gassy

A ref on a decent field would be looking at the Nexus player and another ref would be watch billy and bollox.

Over my time playing from div 4 through to div 1 the cheating got worse the higher div you were in.

I suppose the bigger the game the more incentive to make sure you win by any means

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i agree in a perfect world a ref would watch both players but as you and me both no thats not always possible, due to either number of refs quick moving and shooting etc and i dont mean that it happens every time, but it definatly happens, not the refs fault at all, it happens in prem football, man utd giving penaltys away at old trafford, not very often, but many times were the decision could of happend! do you get what im saying? im sure some of the refs agree with me, its just natural not the ref favoring the other team?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
What this thread goes to show so far is that a lot of players cheat and are openely honest about it, and they do it because they know other players do.

My question: Do players want to see an end to it, and if so who is responsible for bucking the trend or are people happy to continue as things are.
The only way you will ever see an end to cheating, is if you kill all the players.

The propblem with paintball is that there are different levels of cheating in paintball. The somewhat "innocent", like wiping and playing on. The level to which players can get away with that, is dependant on the level of the reffing. Pretty much like diving in football, holding in American football and so on. It happens, it's part of the game and if you get caught, you should take it on the chin like a man.
Then there is the less innocent form of cheating, technical cheats like gun cheats. These should be punished with the hammer of the gods, as this is a safety issue and should never be part of the game.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i agree with the above statement i have wiped played on etc at times due to split second decisions i have made in a game, not always proud of them but its my will to win, but one thing for sure is i would never go out with the intention of cheating or running a hot gun or illegal modes, thats pre meditated cheating, in my head its alot worse, but on the other hand cheating is cheating

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I think everybody who doesn't cheat should at least try it. Seriously, you'll love it, it's ace. You'll wonder why you never cheated earlier. I never used to cheat, then I tried it, and I stayed in the game longer. It was like a miracle. Now I cheat whenever I get the opportunity, and sometimes even when I don't. Seriously, I wipe all the time, I even wipe hits that aren't there. One time, the refs had to call the fire brigade to pull me out.

Reactions: Big Mac and Codiak

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
Cheating i admit ive done in my time.

Such as split second disicions such as chris has said above me ^^^^^.

But at times i will dive into a bunker and get shot while diving and ill loose it with out notice.

I do not think it should be advised.

But also another point is a ref should catch you before you do it.

Dex

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
As a recballer, I don't really see the point. It's much more fun to come out of a game talking about how your friend shot you to hell rather than talking about how you got away with playing on.

Hell, I've walked off a field before without a paint mark on me, simply because my mate made an awesome run around me. He hit me several times, but the paint didn't break. I still thought he deserved to see me walk for it though.

I feel really guilty if I find a hit on me I didn't notice. That's also happened before. Couldn't stop apologising.
I've managed to call myself out on bounce shots plenty of times. It evens out during a season with opponents making the same mistake so I don't loose any sleep over it. However when I call myself out by mistake I'll always quit the field. What really bugs me is when a player realises they got a bounce, dives back into cover and then continue to play on. This usually leaves you out in the open and getting shot to bits. I've seen this kind of cheat start punch-ups on woodsball games in the past.

The general "it's part of the game" attitude to cheats in Supair tournaments, was underlined by the fact the Greg Hastings PC game had a cheat mode as a feature

I rest my case

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i never complain about overshooting for that reason because people cheat and im sure people playing at the highest level dont complain about overshooting to much either, because if u think people could be cheating then u cant blame a player for shooting till the hand goes on the head

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
Overshooting is fun and i dont count overshooting till 20 balls or more.
People complain cos its ramp.

TBH I LIKE OVERSHOOTING keeps them from cheating :D!