Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does it hurt?

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
Now guys I'm at a bit of a dilemha when people come to our site and say "Does it hurt?" what the hell are we supposed to say? I mean the conversation I had the other day was:

Punter-So does it hurt when you get hit?
Me-Yeah a bit
Punter-A lot you mean?
Me-Well it's not pleasant
Punter-They don't mark you though do they they just burst right?
Me-You'll have a few red welts where they hit you for a few days
Punter-REALLY?
Me-Yeh don't worry too much they go away
Punter-So they can't scar oyu for then or anything too serious?
Me-Well this one's been here a good 1 or 2 months

at which point I rolled up my sleeve and showed her a white mugging scar I've got on my arm - the poor girls eyes nearly burst out and she hid behind bunkers terrified all day. With this in mind I've decided not to be quite so blunt about it now! But I don't want to lie either!

Once you get into the game, really fast paced and action packed, your adrenaline just gets going so hard, that someone could stick an autococker shooting 300 fps to your back, and you wouldn't really feel the pain. I get shot like that every once in a while, and usually I'm firing back and holding off the person so hard that my heart is just racing, and my adrenaline is going so hard, that all I feel when I get shot is just the contact of the paintball. I don't feel the pain until later, and even that is nothing. It's just a simple bruise. Sometimes big, sometimes tiny. the key is to just GET INTO THE GAME...the first couple of times, I'd recommend getting shot a lot. that way you're used to it.

Buddley

Deadeye

Aug 2, 2002
Bath
Visit site
It hurts when u get shot in the ribs at point blank range and it draws blood.... And someone can second that shooting.... Was out of order that! But we all know... No Pain No Gain!

Btw that only happens in grudge matches so beware

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
I've always said the pain is of the same type as that you get when someone flicks the top of your ear... an initial 'OW!', you rub your ear, and 10 secs later you can hardly feel it.

That said, you don't end up with a huge red welt from having your ear flicked.

:D

Urban