Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does it hurt?

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Depends on the paint, too. I won't go into the whole brand name naming here, but some paints cheap and not so cheap just bounce and hurt more. Cheap, not well cared for paint is a big reason I'll sometimes hesitate to ref newbie games! It always hurts like hell to be shot as a ref because you have no adrenalin going and don't expect it. For some darn reason--maybe just my bad luck--I always get bounces when I ref, many more so than when I play. :confused: :mad: :mad:

Anyway, if they still get a bit scared about it, just explain to them that they have a fair chance to do the same to the opposition. Tell the girls that they can put the shots anywhere they want...that should motivate them.

Tr1xx0r

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
i dont think it hurts at all. i mean sure u get hit and u flinch mostly becuase of surprise, first theres that littleouch then it just itches. if ure in a shootout u dont feel it at all. i also play football, and thats a totally different pain, theres adreniline but for some reason getting smashed hurts alot mor ethan getting shot :(

Jon

Aug 6, 2002
Bristol, England.
Visit site
Next time they ask you, pull your marker and pop 'em a couple in the chest at close range. Then tell them "It'll never hurt as much as that just did".

O.k. maybe not a good idea, but I'd love to see you do it!

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Just tell them that you don't know if it will hurt them. Everyone has a different tolerance for pain and what hurts you may make them scream like babies and call for an ambulance or they may think you are a wussy. They have to get shot to find out.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Exactly... pain is one's internal message from body to consciousness that something that threatens the body is happening.
It is relative, too... getting shot, even by some fool with his or her velocity too high beats passing a newborn human out of one's uterus.

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
when im marshalling and iget asked if it hurts i just shoot myself in the arm from about 2 -3 inches away, i dont flinch anymore. That normally gets rid of the worries, although ive go to stop doing it, ive got many scars.

weedave

Jan 16, 2002
Belfast
Originally posted by le-pig

my mate did at close range from behind(didn't have his ear protectors down propaly) his ear came up like a cauleflower:eek: :D
Same thing happened to me!

My ear was ringing for about a week :p