Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does it hurt?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ear shots

yer i got hit from about 8 foot away and even thou i had jts on i could hear a buzzing in my ear for ages! cut me too! not fun especially getting the shell out of your lug 'ole!:p

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
A mate of mine got whot in the nads once and his dick swelled up & he had a massive red thing on it for about 1 1/2 weeks! and his wife wasn't too impressed either ;)

Nasty tho, cos it put him off ever playing Paintball again.

The most painfull shot ive ever had was a bouncer off the top of my leg whilst I was kneeling down, my trousers were tight accross the top of my leg and that stung a lot!

Pain goes quickly tho cool adrenaline fueled memories take a lot longer!

FUBAR

im a marshal and we just tell them straight....yes it will hurt....yes it can break the skin....yes you can bleed. but on the up side we do have a trained first aider:D

one thing i do find that punters hate is the taste of the stuff... last week i got hit in the front plate twice and got a mouth full off paint......time to flavour it to somthing nice;) ;)

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
awww yeah! paint tastes gross! and sods las also says that you always get shot in the gob just as you are about to take a really deep breath on a "Balls to the wall leg it for the flag" style run thru the woods.:mad:
Happened to me once and bts of the manky crap went all down my throat! if it wasnt for the fact that the game ended soon after im sure I would have barfed all in my mask.

Pity the poor fool who would have got given that mask the next week :D

FUBAR

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Adding a flavour to paint though (serious note) would be (to hide after taste and other off flavours) about 0.2-0.4% of formulation, this would affect the viscosity and colour of the mix affecting the "wipability" and require complete re-formulation but it is do-able, we do it in tooth paste so why not? tooth paste will have many physical properties in common with paint (some liquid pastes are very runny though still thick in comparison to paint) also have you ever spilt toothpaste down your front and tried to get it off? :rolleyes:

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
one good reason for not flavouring paint is cost, the flavour in Turkish delight costs £55 per gram some flavours and perfumes cost more but most are less expensive, but think in a 1 ton batch 20 kilo's (approx) would cost £1100000 usually price is per kilo but that example shows whiy flavoured paint isn't more common.