Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dominations at unreal

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
i think i`m right in sayin the reason dom int played no more is the fact you need a good hundred plus playa`s and at least twenty marshall`s both these numbers are hard to achieve and when the numbers aint met the day ends up a bit stale ```` this new style of game should encourage and does encourage a more aggressive yet fair game with playa`s been closer to each other and the marshall`s !!!!

anyway nobby what rock you been hidin under of late ?? :confused:
Paying the ex wife off rock matey £££££

It's going to be BLUE murder on Sunday ALLLLL day....Hahahaha:D

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
I suppose what I liked about the old style domination was the fact that you had freedom, you could play for 20 minutes and then go back to safe area and then re pod up, have a 5 minute brew and also chat with whoever was there about the other team, (normally about cheating and wiping and stuff) and then go back out and do another 20 minutes.

its impossible to play for 1 hour and not go back to re pot up,fill up on air and have a 5 min break etc, chris says it cost's a little more to marshall because of the bigger playing area
Yeh a full hour was too long, in fact way too long but say 2 lots of 20 or 30 mimute games would be a good idea!:cool:

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
I wouldn't mind the old buildings near the castle put into play with the castle as some kind of clear the buildings game. It would have the same hard up front players like in the castle that don't mind the heavy ramping at close range so it's not really an issue.

scott essery

Jul 6, 2005
www.unrealpaintball.co.uk
hia nobby

i know what you mean mate and i see how you play too! :eek:

sounds like we are all perhapse saying that dommination is getting a bit "same - e" and predictable and we want to look forward to something different each month ... and the sort of things we like.

I know chris would love 100+ every month and if we just give up it might not be viable for him to run it

and we dont want that

so what do you think we should do?

email chris our thoughts?

agree on what we would like to see at the end of the month?

Ok so this is how it is guys.

I loved domination and still do and would run another np if we could get the numbers pre booked.

we could run a domination np every month but to run it well so its enjoyable to play takes alot of planning and time. You need 3x the marshalls you do for the push so when we have say 40-60 people attending this would push the entree cost to around 40 pound pp just to make it viable.

If we use only 6-7 marshalls then in my mind the field is not safe if i made it own gunners only then i would be happy running with 6-7 marshalls however the regular customers have been bulking up numbers recently and seem to be the only players with any stamina (you lazy bast***s ) also if it rains the safte area becomes the most populated place in Stoke.

I am thinking however of some alterations to the push like this. Start as normal in the rubber, take the village then to the commandpost. 15 miniute break. Some sort of domination between the commandpost and the bridge for 30 mins. Then push to the castle from the village using the rubber in the middle. Maybe something like this but where would the spawn points for the domination style game be??

Was thinking something like top of the field halfway from both points and in the no mans land area from the village to the command post.

What you all recon. If we started playing at 10am NO LATER then the first game should be over by 10-30 ish back in start the domaintion at 10-50ish back in at 11-30 pust from village to castle 20 mins so lunch at about 12.30ish That would put us on a finishtime of 3.30ish maybe four

Ill try to get this format sorted for this month and we can give it a dry run.

Chris

scott essery

Jul 6, 2005
hia chris

the way you were going at the start of your post mate i thought you were going to cancel domination!:eek::(:eek::eek::(:(

playing accross the maps have always gone down well

you could do the command post and bridge as a Domination style - holding both flags scores points but your correct that the respawn points would be tough. i think the bridge spawn point would have to be down by the firing range and the village for the coomand post and there might be problems with respawners getting attacked and people not sure where the out of bounds are

so how about command post and bridge having a flag in the open ground between the rocket tower and sat dish and at the approach of the bridge.

the two teams can respawn in the trenches and in the woods at the back of the the command post and crazy attacking runners can make a break to touch the flags and win points

so a tactical attack team working and fast running respawn style straight accross the field with the rule of DONT SHOOT ANY DEAD PLAYERS OR ELSE YOUR TEAM GETS A PENALTY 100 POINTS and less worry about boundarys

the push style you mentioned will work out fantastic without much worry

the village to castle sounds very interesting :D

hope the weather is like this next week

scott essery

Jul 6, 2005
Unreal Walkon Staffs/Cheshire 28th September 2008 -

Further details and to book in cal me on 01782 636093

£55 including first box of paint

Paint Prices
30 Field
35 Blaze
40 Inferno

£30 BYO

further to my last post i was thinking the whole point of DOMINATION is for a team to dominate two maps and then its down to the other team to get their act together and reverse the table. thus making it so much fun and actually unique... ummmmmm ... chris, i see why your having a headache over what to do

hammythegreat

Oct 16, 2007
Manchester
to be honest, as long as I can shoot someone in the head then I will be a very happy bunny, i enjoy all the games at unreal, apart from the trenches as I always seem to get hammered and 'picked off' by an invisable baller lol

by the way me and phil have booked in for this sunday but I'll only be able to defend as I snapped my anterior cruciate ligament in my knee from last month's village attack, well I suppose I can shoot from way back, its just running and twisting on my knee I can't do