Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dressing like girls at tournaments and other stuff.

Should Body Protection be worn at Tournaments

• Yes

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.2%
  • Dont care

Votes: 46 31.1%

• Total voters

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Good quality tournament paint will break on a padded jersey/best combo anyway, so maybe if teams stopped cheaping out on their bullets (I don't care if you great a "great deal", stop shooting DU rounds at me!) and shot the most fragile paint their guns can handle then welts would be less frequent and the padded vests would become redundant through natural evolution?

Personally I can remember playing Open-X and having fewer welts after a 23-0 loss to Philly (with their impressive 20bps "semi-only" gats;):rolleyes::D) than I would get at a Walk-on.

Ion_Paintball

Beam me up Scottie
Mar 13, 2007
Sheffield
THe tops are not really for the pain tho aree they people.... Yer maybe they are advertised to0 takew the sting out of it but really they are just made to help you get more bounces in a game... and at time yes they do... but if people shoot decent paint it breaks anyway...

Its just the same as wearing arm pads yet buying jerseys with more padding in them. When i wore the latest C8 jersey will my Dye Pads i was getting more bouncers off my arms than i was of my chest with a baggy jersey and some amour underneath

size 6 feet

Mar 28, 2004
coventry
Visit site
:pi miss the old paintball tshirt and playing top combo two layers only rule from back in the day in refs would check players but these new tops sculpture your torso to look good but stop the moobs from looking big:rolleyes:

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Its just the same as wearing arm pads yet buying jerseys with more padding in them. When i wore the latest C8 jersey will my Dye Pads i was getting more bouncers off my arms than i was of my chest with a baggy jersey and some amour underneath
The make of pad/shirt is irrelevant because they are all offering a similar product, and they all feel they have to because others are..........

It would be very simple to sort this problem out and you don't need balls to do it. Just common sense and the desire to stop paintball becoming a game for girls only.

Remember "protection" the key word the marketing boys like use to sell the product to you does not have to consist of sponge type membrane you could get much better protection if you needed it by using different material that will not assist in you cheating your opposition by promoting bouncers.
And lets be completely honest, that is exactly what it is cheating.
A good quality ball will break on a baggy shirt, but come on how often do you see paint that good. Correct you don't well not consistently anyhow, what we see most of the time is a decent ball in the middle of the scale and that ball will break when it hits somthing with substance.

They reduced the rate of fire cap this year and one of the main reasons they said was behind it "we want to help to reduce the teams costs and reducing the cap will reduce the paint bill" The idiots never said they was going to nullify that potential reduction by making you shoot someone several times before you would eliminate them.

A T-Shirt and a single layer playing top should be the norm and some hard approved armour could be allowed for tournament use for arm-pads etc.
If you think the paint hurts then collectively the players could demand better paint from their suppliers or maybe some could take up speed knitting at the local pink pansy club.

Russ

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
I see where your coming from russ and it does seem a bit of a joke when you light somene up from long range only to have them all bounce, as the blokes wearing a ridiculous amount of padding.

But this said i have recently bought a proto protector thing to use for marshalling and i will use it in tornys to keep the playing field that bit more level.

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
padded vests are for wimps, we didn't have them when shooting each other with reballs and it only made us quicker at getting out of the way, no pain no gain I say. Plus, if some divvy wears 2 padded vests and can't feel a hit, they he's either gonna get proper overshot or he will get 1-4-1'd and his team will loose out. I'm all for overshooting in this case though, thats my personal preference. So if you're in my line of fire with a silly girly padded vest on, prepare to get some extra lovin (and not of the backdoor variety)!

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Just a question Russ...

When were you last at the sharp end of 19bps ramping marker 2 feet away being shot by someone good enough not to miss?