Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dressing like girls at tournaments and other stuff.

Should Body Protection be worn at Tournaments

• Yes

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.2%
  • Dont care

Votes: 46 31.1%

• Total voters

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Just a question Russ...

When were you last at the sharp end of 19bps ramping marker 2 feet away being shot by someone good enough not to miss?
I can answer that, last time I trained against a Millennium level player at Freekz. I got drilled in the head and back as he did a run through. Thankfully I was wearing a thick baseball cap but the body shots hurt.

Jesus

London Tigers 2
Dec 13, 2006
Herts
ban em Russ

we all know getting shot hurts, if you dont like it, then either quit or wear hard/solid protection.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Why do we assume that these are built just for tournie players
What about all those Woodland players that have moved to the lighter more flexible tournie style shirt but want the protection they got from camo. Now they have a light flexible body suit that allows freedom of movement.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
It would be very simple to sort this problem out and you don't need balls to do it. Just common sense and the desire to stop paintball becoming a game for girls only.
I can see your point and think it's relevent. However I think your above point is irrelevent.

I suppose it comes down to the fact that paintball is lots of fun, but some people don't like the pain. So they get these to help solve that. Whether you should only play paintball if you can handle the pain minus chest protector I'm not getting into! :p

But I've never used one, and if I did it'd be for bounces.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
The only places it REALLY hurts to get shot are not body shots (fingers/neck/balls/back of the head). Get a neck protector, gloves, and some playing pants. Sorted. I get lit up regularly when I play, and I don't whine about it. People want to lower the fps to 280 AND have bounce vests? Just means more close-up action anyway, since long-balling isn't going to do anything. I'm not a fan.

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
Harden the **** up, padding is a good idea on certain parts of the body...all over takes the piss..its a paintball children!

Honestly, Knees and elbows i can agree with. The back possibly..but only possibly, because if you are getting shot in the back IMHO it means either A you are walking off feild and it doesnt matter...Or you are being bunkered from 2 feet away and the paints gunna break anyway.

-Medical issues...a little hard padding maybe
-Girl things...aprrantly being shot in the boob hurts..while I have a luxurious and very firm pair of manboobs, Im not sure its as sore as being shot in the girlboob..again hard padding...not a sponge.

Now if we were playing rugby...and only rugby union.. i could see the need for some padding around the chest. but only rugby union, and only if you agree to hand out the keys to your arsse to Devrij.

HARDEN THE FUUCK UP!

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

and this is the attitude that puts peoplepf playing the game....

It would appear that Neanderthal man is alive and well....

Harden the **** up, padding is a good idea on certain parts of the body...all over takes the piss..its a paintball children!

Honestly, Knees and elbows i can agree with. The back possibly..but only possibly, because if you are getting shot in the back IMHO it means either A you are walking off feild and it doesnt matter...Or you are being bunkered from 2 feet away and the paints gunna break anyway.

-Medical issues...a little hard padding maybe
-Girl things...aprrantly being shot in the boob hurts..while I have a luxurious and very firm pair of manboobs, Im not sure its as sore as being shot in the girlboob..again hard padding...not a sponge.

Now if we were playing rugby...and only rugby union.. i could see the need for some padding around the chest. but only rugby union, and only if you agree to hand out the keys to your arsse to Devrij.

HARDEN THE FUUCK UP!

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
It would give a whole new meaning to "judge i didn't feel it" :rolleyes:.

Pain is part of the game. Not that i want anyone hurt and bonus balling is another topic altogether but it makes you run faster, react quicker, shoot better and stay tighter.

We'll end up with Paintball 'tank' tournaments just to be on the 'safe' side.

Adamantium

Modfather
Oct 25, 2006
London
www.tech4.tv
Why dont you ban them from being used in the PA then..?

i think its personal prefrence with personal pain thresholds, or the fact that some people do actually have to go to work and have meetings with clients etc, and whilst wearing that lovely fresh pressed white cotton shirt, you have a welt showing through, doesent really look good when your securing a deal.
I agree that in training your gonna get hit a hell of a lot more than in a tourny, so its a good idea, but as above, some people may have to wear them to enjoy their sport.

Ive got one, it holds my belly in, saves the sting during training, but i dont wear it for tournys,,, if i ever get round to playing one again.

ads