Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ego 9, geo +, ego sl94???????? what to pick

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
hi guys as u can see these are the choices that ive come down to, money has finally come so just gotta pick the marker, so any help is great,
thanks

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
as a owner of a Ego 10 and a SL94. also soon to be a geo 2 but cant coment here yet.

the Ego 10 is lovely, id say perfect if not for the SL. there is just something about the SL that gives it a edge over the 10. it is down to personal prefrance i think it might be the grib on the SL is a little smaller.

just my 2p worth. if you live in the North East of Scotland id be happy to let you try em both. however am guessing you dont :p

Edit.
i do however suggest you dont buy any of these markers unless you have sum serious cash. once you have one you always want the next one. there just that good. am still upset i didnt buy a SLS lol.

WildWill

Sep 28, 2009
Preston
It depends on your preferances - do you prefer spoolies or poppits? I had an Ego9 but I sold it cos I'm a diehard spoolie fan, the Ego wasn't right for me. I had intended to buy a Geo, but now I think I'll just get a PM8 cos you get so much more bang for your buck. For Geo vs Geo+, I doubt the difference will be worth £500...!
One thing you should consider is the Luxe... Pick one up for £6-700 and you'll be laughing. Definitely the best marker I've ever shot by far.

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
I've got a dm5 so can't really comment on which I prefer cuz haven't tried them both, Never thought of a luxe will check them out, I was lookin at a dangerous power revi, but just thought with the service from PE of wat I've been told that wud be the better choice,

imaninja

COD noob since 2003
Apr 4, 2010
bishops stortford
One thing you should consider is the Luxe... Pick one up for £6-700 and you'll be laughing. Definitely the best marker I've ever shot by far.

I have never shot a luxe before, but i haven’t heard a bad word about the luxe yet. It’s also a very nice looking marker.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
if a luxe decides to not work it will be such a pain in the arse for a beginner and maybe not the best option. but they really are amazing things.
if i were you i would just go for either the ego9 or the geo and save your monies for playing ball :)

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Luxe's aren't as bad as some people would like you to believe,some do suffer from FSDO and/or bolt stick just like many other spool valve based guns currently on the market,most issues can be remedied by altering your dwell settings or fsdo settings on the board or swapping out worn o-rings on the firing can.
We all like to tune our markers right up to the edge to get peak performance and sometimes what works in the warm summer months doesn't always work in the winter months when shooting spoolvalve based guns.

I got my Luxe new in june 09 and i never had any issues whatsoever until the cold winter months then it started to suffer from bolt stick and fsdo,i just upped the dwell and swapped out my firing can o-rings and it was sorted.
I do occasionally get bolt stick when i air up my Luxe but it is just a case of venting the air from the bolt assembly and regassing the marker up (which takes 5 seconds)and it's good to go.

There are now fairly cheap upgrades like bolt polishing or spring modded bolts that more or less cancel out fsdo and bolt stick on Luxes

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
i think for the money am heading towards the geo+, looks like a nice gun, good service from PE, the thing now is new or second hand?