Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego Solenoid

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Skeet said:
How are you getting around the whole shocker loom thing?
Are you using the Shocker noid or a moded Ego noid or what?

What about teh Eyes? As I am sure you are aware...the Shocker noid has a boad on, which teh Eye plugs into, then a loom from there to teh bottom board...I'm curious!!
I'm hopefully going to be using Timmy eyes- I've got a set of ego eyes I can swap the connector with.

I am acquiring an ego solenoid connector which I can put on the shocker solenoid.
I am going to use a DM4 harness for the eyes.

The round timmy eyes will be too big so I might have to have the eyes enlarged/moved/whatever.
Milling; I am getting the frame milled by Strawb :).

and John, thanks for the info that the ego noid would pop, lol, kind of vital :D

Rosie,

Why not use DM4 eyes?

The timmy eyes sometimes have strange alignment problems, DM4 eyes are alot smaller than the huge timmy eyes so should make for a nicer install.

Plus DMs use JST connectors like the Ego (timmys use Molex), which reduces the changes you need to do to the wiring loom.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Rosie said:
I'm hopefully going to be using Timmy eyes- I've got a set of ego eyes I can swap the connector with.

I am acquiring an ego solenoid connector which I can put on the shocker solenoid.
I am going to use a DM4 harness for the eyes.

The round timmy eyes will be too big so I might have to have the eyes enlarged/moved/whatever.
Milling; I am getting the frame milled by Strawb :).

and John, thanks for the info that the ego noid would pop, lol, kind of vital :D
Or...why not use Ego eyes? would be easier...just have to mill small bit in teh body in teh right place...and sort a cover out..

Skeet,

Ego eyes would be an arse ache to align.
You would need some sick milling to get it all to stay in place properly.

A standard (T) package makes for easiest alignment, because its aligned by the hole it goes in. Drill your holes straight, and your eyes will be pointing directly at eachother.

Oh and from memory DM4 eyes are also used in the DM5. But not the DM6.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
John C said:
Rosie,

Why not use DM4 eyes?

The timmy eyes sometimes have strange alignment problems, DM4 eyes are alot smaller than the huge timmy eyes so should make for a nicer install.

Plus DMs use JST connectors like the Ego (timmys use Molex), which reduces the changes you need to do to the wiring loom.
Oh ok :)
not been back to the thread in a while

I haven't got the eyes yet but I'll try for some DM4/5 ones if you think that'd be better :)

Yes you will need to add one extra crimp at the plug side of the loom.
But with timmy eyes the entire loom will need changing.

Also I really dont like the idea of wide dispersal emitters, in fact (having tested practically every 'eye' system on the market) I think its the most terrible idea ever conceived.

You are treating the symptoms of a problem which never needs to be there in the first place. At the great expense of your guns potential performance.