Rehab is for Quitters
Nov 27, 2006
Salford
www.myspace.com
etek by a country mile

as for hearing bad things about eclipse tech support, i LOL'd
Bad things about eclispe tech support?

Well where do I start ... erm ...

... Not only did they fix my gun in like 10 seconds but they gave me a FREE Eclipse 'Destroy' Lanyard (worth nearly a fiver) for well, the kindness of their heart. The gun wasn't even in warranty and they didn't even charge me for fixing it either!!

Now if that ain't what you call absolutly, amazing, top notch, cumstomer service i don't know what is. And if that is the worst thing I have to say about Planet imagine the list of good things me, and pretty much everyone else can say.

Buy an E-tek - you have any problems Planet will very happily fix it.

They seem to pride themselves on helping their customers which is what I love about them.

Edit - I didn't have to buy anyone vodka either :)

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Both are great guns. Both are backed by great customer service and tech support.

So, try shooting them both and see which one feels better/more natural.

Personally, I love the feel of the PMR, but that's a personal thing and you shouldn't make a decision like this based on people's opinions. Pick them both up and have a play before you decide.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
if ur going for a new etek (£400ish) then why not go for a 06 ego from these forums?? for £400 u can get a mighty nice looking 06 ego or a dm6 (possibly)

saves on the whole pmr or etek thingy

true_death

Free Agent..
Jul 16, 2006
M.I.A
Oh Jesus I've really put my foot in the **** now.

Like I said I've heard good and bad things about Planet as with all companies.

Will just stop now, as this hole seems to be getting bigger n bigger.

J

PS: Ego's are for commoners :p

DeepPyro

Burn Baby Burn
Sep 8, 2005
Durham, England
WWW.vudoo.co.uk
I think you'll find dye offer absolutely superb customer service.

Most dye dealerships will help you out if you are having a problem. Neil from Heaven for example ;) (only if you buy him vodka)

They are dead simple to tech. Just keep the bolt lubed and don't hit it with a hammer and they will just keep going.

I've personally got no experience dealing with Planet about repairs/teching but I've heard both good and bad things about them.
I am not saying that it is impossible to get a PMR fixed just not as easily as a Etek/Ego, more people would be able to tell if it was a simple fix or send back to planet job.

My team mates PMR lasted a couple of months and then pissed the contents of his bottle out the barrel when he connected the air. He couldn't fix the problem and when he gave it to the Dye Tech at the Masters they had to send off for parts!

Planets customer service is second to none!!

DP

JayC2301

Rehab is for Quitters
Nov 27, 2006
Salford
www.myspace.com
Oh Jesus I've really put my foot in the **** now.

Like I said I've heard good and bad things about Planet as with all companies.

Will just stop now, as this hole seems to be getting bigger n bigger.

J

PS: Ego's are for commoners :p
Out of curiosity what bad points have you heard about Planet?