Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Everything Invert Mini Inc Tech/Upgrades Thread!

Lollingsgrad

Feb 16, 2011
Coventry
Oh! That's reassuring, thanks. I think my system is a Pure Energy basic but I won't know for certain till it turns up in the post; just know it's a Pure Energy 68/4500. From the manual it looks like I'd need some extra parts to make it LP, but at least I know that if I find that it is actually quite difficult to get the tank on the ASA, then there's options.

EDIT: I got it today, it's a Pure Energy something, I have no idea. However, safe in the knowledge it wouldn't blow up my gun and face, I screwed it in. Regulator read slightly less than 200psi without any tweaks, fired away, no problems. Don't know what those guys were saying about the thing being hard to screw on and off without lube; pansies.

Lollingsgrad

Feb 16, 2011
Coventry
Just wanted to ask a quick question; did a couple of googles and searched the forum beforehand so please be gentle if I missed the answer. Why does firing your mini without air cause solenoid damage? The manual says not to do it for more than 10 clicks. I would've though there'd be more stress on the system whilst pressurised?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
EDIT: I got it today, it's a Pure Energy something, I have no idea. However, safe in the knowledge it wouldn't blow up my gun and face, I screwed it in. Regulator read slightly less than 200psi without any tweaks, fired away, no problems. Don't know what those guys were saying about the thing being hard to screw on and off without lube; pansies.
Yep never had a problem with it either. I would not be putting any lube anywhere near any pressurized air, or you are likely to loose an arm or your face.

Just wanted to ask a quick question; did a couple of googles and searched the forum beforehand so please be gentle if I missed the answer. Why does firing your mini without air cause solenoid damage? The manual says not to do it for more than 10 clicks. I would've though there'd be more stress on the system whilst pressurised?
I have no idea, although I doubt KEE put that in there for a laugh.

Lollingsgrad

Feb 16, 2011
Coventry
have no idea, although I doubt KEE put that in there for a laugh.
Yeah I'll take their word for it, I'm just enjoying how understandable this little gun is and would quite like to know all the ins and outs I can. Imagine it'll help if it ever fails. I screwed in the tank instead to dry fire a little again and see if the pressure remains steady, just to try and give it a check up in lieu of being able to get to a field. At 20bps (I only did this for less than 10 shots, just in case this is bad for it too), it dropped to just above 100psi from slightly below 200psi, and came back up again fairly quickly. Does that sound about normal?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Yeah I'll take their word for it, I'm just enjoying how understandable this little gun is and would quite like to know all the ins and outs I can. Imagine it'll help if it ever fails. I screwed in the tank instead to dry fire a little again and see if the pressure remains steady, just to try and give it a check up in lieu of being able to get to a field. At 20bps (I only did this for less than 10 shots, just in case this is bad for it too), it dropped to just above 100psi from slightly below 200psi, and came back up again fairly quickly. Does that sound about normal?
Can you not get to a local site and borrow some air and buy 100 paintballs before you go for a walkon?

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
Sorry to jump in Bolter

I found the minis an air hog at high rates of fire, drop the rate from 20bps

I think the air dropping is due to the pure energy recharge rate, EELz tested my bottle (Same as yours HP Pure Energy) before and its not as efficient at recharging when firing at higher bps.

If it continues after you've dropped the bps you may need to get a tech to check it or invest in a better bottle reg, Myth G2, Cross Fire, Ninja, CP or something.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Sorry to jump in Bolter
No probs! More the merrier!

I found the minis an air hog at high rates of fire, drop the rate from 20bps
This happens with a lot of guns though. Its not exclusive to the mini, and nothing to worry about really.

I think the air dropping is due to the pure energy recharge rate, EELz tested my bottle (Same as yours HP Pure Energy) before and its not as efficient at recharging when firing at higher bps.

If it continues after you've dropped the bps you may need to get a tech to check it or invest in a better bottle reg, Myth G2, Cross Fire, Ninja, CP or something.
Its more likely he has no air. He was sent an air bottle, which had zero on the gauge, but found there are a few shots in it still. He is using this air to test it.

In short, needs more air, and paint before we can tell if he has bought a lemon or not :D