Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Exercise's

James@Kartelprime

JCS Sport
Nov 22, 2003
Elsham - N Lincs
Visit site
hope they help, and for strength training any muscle one of the best ways is always try and use ure own body weight to train with, this way you dont put on much muscle mass but rather tone and strengthen your existing muscles. :D :D

Orifice

N0o0ooo0b
Sep 9, 2004
Manchester, UK
ok, im a n00bish paintball player! but im a body-builder and im doing sports nutrition in a few months as a degree:D so feel freel to ask ANYTHING!

bout explosive strength - theres 2 types of muscle, fast twitch and slow twitch.
slow twitch is what endurance runners have, long contractions, dont get tired very fast, etc.
Fast twitch, these run out fast but produce a SHED load of power, sprinters and powerlifters have these!

if you want to have explosive power when running, shuttle runs are a great start..all the advice youve got here is bang on!if you plan on doing the gym stylee building your legs up, remember that youll need to do situps, (your lower stomach muscles pull your legs upwards when youre running) squats (essentially anything which requires you starting kneeling and standing up), and leg curls (bending your legs in) thats all you have to do! also never do more than 8-10 in a set, and no more than 6 sets, because youre working the fast twitch muscles, and nothing else, isolating them to give them a real workout! anyhting after that will be endurance training really, and at this point, your muscles run out of ATP(basically fuel) and begin to burn up its own tissue to use as fuel, making for anaerobic exercise, which is wasteage of time! so having low reps, high sets ensures maximum buildup!

if you wanna have good triceps and good tone, slow twitch is your focus, and to do this with your triceps, close hand press ups (props to genetic :D hes clued up! damn i sounded american then! damm you BBS! americanising me!!!) rocks! when ou fail at this, find anything thats about 2foot off the floor, like a chair, or a bench. sit on it, then place your hands on the edge of it, then drop your butt off the end, until your arms look like chicken wings and you cant go any lower, keeping your legs straight, push back up again, and do that for about 16 times, about 3-4 sets, if it gets too easy, put some weight in your lap or raise your legs by putting your feet on another chair!

also, streching, as much as possible, wherever!
anyone feel free to PM me if you need any tips at all, im glad to help! this is kinda watered down tips cos i kno noone will read it if i go too far!! so jus ask for complex stuff if youre interested! i can help with healing, building, toning, nutrition, whatever, its all gravy!

ksb

Nov 30, 2001
uk
Visit site
if any of you guys have been into martial arts you may have heard of Matt furey's Combat Conditioning. He combines a series of pressup variations and squats etc to develope speed , endurance , strength and recovery without the use of weights. It might be worth checking out.

regards
keith

O

ollytheosteo

Can I just add to all the excellent advice above that stretches are the paintballers friend?

It's important to stretch the front of the hip, the quadriceps and hamstrings in order to avoid injury and make those snake contortions less hazardous. I don't just mean pre-game, although that is vital, but as part of your general fitness routine:D

The other thing to consider is that a firm base provides the best foundation for all the different movements involved in t'game. No, not more pies, but a toned set of pelvic and abdominal muscles help to stabilise the body in all activities and also reduce the chances of back injury. Pilates technique, swiss ball work or using any of the core stability tools such as wobble boards and Bosu trainers can tone up these vital areas and you will see a difference in any sport you happen to enjoy. Have fun!