Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fightclub!!!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Bottom line--FightClub is a cool idea. Maybe y'all ought to start using the M7 format when you play.
Why? I've obvioulsy not played the M7 format but it just reads off the page like a poor mans Xball, or rather a non-commital attempt to keep a toe in each camp (both 7man and X-ball).

What benefit do you think M7 might offer fight club over the current format (X-ball)?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Ben Frain
Why? I've obvioulsy not played the M7 format but it just reads off the page like a poor mans Xball, or rather a non-commital attempt to keep a toe in each camp (both 7man and X-ball).

What benefit do you think M7 might offer fight club over the current format (X-ball)?
A few reasons actually. It would offer teams that aspire to the Champions League or D1 a chance to play the format they'll likely be playing in the future. (The same may apply further down the food chain as well.) Beyond that I see no reason you can't play as much paintball but M7 would allow you to play more different teams on a given day as the principle difference for your purposes seems to be duration of a game or match. If FightClub continues to grow you can expect some diversity of skill level and talent and M7 seems like it would help accomodate that and avoid 15 - 0 massacres and the like. Just a thought. :)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Baca Loco
A few reasons actually. It would offer teams that aspire to the Champions League or D1 a chance to play the format they'll likely be playing in the future. (The same may apply further down the food chain as well.) Beyond that I see no reason you can't play as much paintball but M7 would allow you to play more different teams on a given day as the principle difference for your purposes seems to be duration of a game or match. If FightClub continues to grow you can expect some diversity of skill level and talent and M7 seems like it would help accomodate that and avoid 15 - 0 massacres and the like. Just a thought. :)
Ah, I think you are missing the point of Fight Club though.

As I perceive it, it's not about training for some overseas event or another. The people who want or have overseas aspirations have the ProTour to accomodate that.

This is just about getting back to basics - playing competitively but having fun. No ego's, no politics, no pissing and moaning - just one team against the other. You may be playing the best in the UK or the worst - as long as you are there to play - it's all good.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Ben Frain
Ah, I think you are missing the point of Fight Club though.

As I perceive it, it's not about training for some overseas event or another. The people who want or have overseas aspirations have the ProTour to accomodate that.

This is just about getting back to basics - playing competitively but having fun. No ego's, no politics, no pissing and moaning - just one team against the other. You may be playing the best in the UK or the worst - as long as you are there to play - it's all good.
I hear ya, Ben, but I'm having a hard time with the apparent idea that what amounts to a fancy name for a multi-team scrimmage can't or shouldn't serve some purpose. Maybe it's just me. I'm also struggling a bit with how a 15 - 0 whitewash is "competitive". (No offense intended to any participating team. I'm sure everyone had a good time but if I was on either end of that score I wouldn't be too happy. Again, just me. :) )

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
Re: ukk

Originally posted by Robbo
Studying and understanding are two differernt things !
He came on and said 7 man was more exciting as exampled by a Dynasty - XSV clash.

It ain't, Dynasty and XSV games are a bore fest as they happen in the final stages of the NPPL and this is where the whole game closes down because of a tactical necessity to play that way as they see it.

He may watch these tapes but he doesn't know what he's talking about if his assertion stands of it being more exciting to watch than two big hitters playing XBall...which makes his position even more untenable.
Pete i think your 100% correct that Xball is future/present for TV and spectators etc i never disagreed with that, i dont hate Xball i like it, all what i am try to say is that i personally like playing/spectating 7man more than Xball thats all,

Just like, say you prefer apples to pears some people will prefer pears and some people will prefer apples that all, i like pears and apples but i prefer apples

I just hate it when people refuse to like 7man because this new and improved format is better (in their opinion) when most of them people that have been playing more than 3 years before Xball was invented liked 7man watching/playing so they had to of liked playing/watching 7man some time in their paintball career just like you had to have liked palying 10man/7man etc back in NWC/aftershock/AAs day

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Anyways, moving on ......if I don't like your opinion, I don't have to deal with it, I will correct it if it's wrong,

how can an OPINION be wrong?

it can be different but an opinion can never be wrong. an opinion is simply a persons invidual take on something.

taken from a dictionary:
o·pin·ion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
The prevailing view: public opinion.
Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

therefore there is nothing for you to correct at all, you have your opinion as does every other person. whats wrong with having a different opinion to another person?

in my opinion marmite is gross, but my wife thinks otherwise. i dont stop her eating marmite just because i dont like it.

you dont like his opinion that is fine but you dont have to 'correct' anything for him. just accept the fact that not everyone shares the same opinion.

thats my opinion on opinions

2p *chink*

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by jahlad
how can an OPINION be wrong?

Hmmm, I do so love smart arses who ain't....
Lemme explain something here, an opinion is a belief held by an individual about a particular subject.. I hope you agree with this, if you don't, then don't bother reading any more because it means you are a fool and the rest will be wasted on you.

I'm now assuming you do agree with my understanding of the word 'opinion'.

Cool, glad to see you are still here, hang on.....

Hitler had an opinion about Jews.

The Flat earth society had an opinion about the nature of the world we live in.

The Catholic church used to have an opinion that we were a geocentric planetary system and not heliocentirc as we are.

The Church has an opinion that God created us.
Darwin had an opinion that evolution created us.
One of them must be wrong, and for the purposes of this rebuttal, it is academic which one it is for obvious reasons !

The word is full of wrong opinions and I only had to answer with one example to trash your ridiculous post.

Yawn :eek:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Hmmm, I do so love smart arses who ain't....
Lemme explain something here, an opinion is a belief held by an individual about a particular subject.. I hope you agree with this, if you don't, then don't bother reading any more because it means you are a fool and the rest will be wasted on you.

I'm now assuming you do agree with my understanding of the word 'opinion'.

agreed 100% an opinion is indeed a belief help by an individual about a subject. and a fool i am not.
but by the nature of the fact that it is an individuals belief an opinion can never be wrong.
the facts on which an opinion are based can be wrong but the opinion is simply the individuals view of the these facts.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Re: ukk

Originally posted by PEBBLE
Pete i think your 100% correct that XBall is future/present for TV and spectators etc i never disagreed with that, i dont hate Xball i like it, all what i am try to say is that i personally like playing/spectating 7man more than Xball thats all,

OK Pebbles, I got no problems with this stance whatsoever, your preference as to what you like playing is your concern and I 100% respect that, but the point I bought up was that you suggested XBall was boring as against the excitement of 7man as exampled by games between XSV and Dynasty.
My rebuttal was based upon the premise of aggressive games being more interesting to watch and on that basis, XBall games are intrinsically more attractive because they have so much more action going on than the average 7 man.
The example you referred to (Dynasty v XSV) was perhaps an unfortunate one in that these two teams invariably meet when contesting the Sunday Club in the NPPL.
I don't know how much those games you watch at Ledzy's are edited but let me tell ya something Peb, those games are so frikkin boring for the most part.
The Sunday club games are an altogether different proposition from the Friday and Saturday games, the whole game closes down to a run out phase, typically followed by a 5 min techno bore phase and then the clean up phase.
To generalise the style of these games, I think you'd have to use the description of 'non-aggressive'.
XBall can, I agree become repetitive but just because it's repetitive does not make it boring, if Rooney pops in a scorching goal every time he plays, it becomes repetitive, I ain't gonna get bored watching it,
No XBall game is the same, they are virtually all aggressive and therefore, as I said, Intrinsically more attractive.
This was the point I was making, that is all.

Just like, say you prefer apples to pears some people will prefer pears and some people will prefer apples that all, i like pears and apples but i prefer apples

This is a preference in taste, much like you have stated, and better qualifies your position above. you prefer the taste of 7man to Xball, cool, good luck to ya Peb but don't try and tell me you prefer the taste of 7 man because you think it's more exciting (aggressive) than XBall., I take up no issue with you whatsoever re your preference for liking 7 man more, just your stated reasons for doing so

I just hate it when people refuse to like 7man because this new and improved format is better (in their opinion) when most of them people that have been playing more than 3 years before XBall was invented liked 7man watching/playing so they had to of liked playing/watching 7man some time in their paintball career just like you had to have liked palying 10man/7man etc back in NWC/aftershock/AAs day

I don't think people refuse to like 7 man just because XBall hits town but what most people see is, XBall is more dynamic, you have already conceded it to the future of Paintball and think about this next point very carefully Peb, if you have just conceded XBall is the future (which you did in your opening sentence) then why do you think it is going to be the future?
When you ponder the answer to that one, the veil will be lifted as to why people like this format more than 7man.
XBall is an evolutionary step along the way of Paintball, there are people like yourself who dislike it but at the same time acknowledge its inevitability as the sport's standard format.
These two facts are not easily reconcilable for people like you but it is nevertheless true.
I played 15 man, 10 man, 7 man and so on, I have seen it all Peb and trust me, we do not evolve in particular directions randomly, there is a reason why we select our different evolutionary paths, and in this instance, we are getting behind a leaner, meaner format, better suited to player and spectator and as such, this HAS to be seen as an improvement.
You may not like it mate, but it is more attractive, more aggressive and more akin to a proper sport than 7 man.

Anyway, thanks for that post, it was a good one and I hope I have answered you or at least made my position clearer.