The Home Of European Paintball

Fightclub!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by jahlad
agreed 100% an opinion is indeed a belief help by an individual about a subject. and a fool i am not.
but by the nature of the fact that it is an individuals belief an opinion can never be wrong.
the facts on which an opinion are based can be wrong but the opinion is simply the individuals view of the these facts.
jahlad, you make me sigh, you really do......you think you are being clever playing with semantics but you are not.

The point you make is facile, and why?
Well, people's opinions are not always based on facts, people have natural and irrational tendencies for harbouring opinions, racists exemplify this completely.

The church held onto the belief that the sun moved around the earth for well over a hundred years whilst the facts of the matter were readily in front of them that completely disputed their opinion.

Their opinion wasn't based upon fact, it was based upon religious dogmatism and was therefore WRONG !!!!

Yawn :eek:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: ukk

Originally posted by Baca Loco
But if entropy is the natural state of the universe ...? Was Tyger right?!:eek: :)
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Entropy is a natural state of the universe as you suggest, you only have to look at Tyger's brain to have that confirmed :)

Is evolution entropic ?
Now there's yer thought for the day Baca :)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ukk

Originally posted by Robbo
Entropy is a natural state of the universe as you suggest, you only have to look at Tyger's brain to have that confirmed :)

Is evolution entropic ?
Now there's yer thought for the day Baca :)
Gotta do better than that, Pete. Virtually by definition Evolution can't be entropic. Where that leaves you in an entropic universe ... ;) Although at a minimum one might expect some extant examples of devolution. And before you go there--I blame the schools. :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Robbo
jahlad, you make me sigh, you really do......you think you are being clever playing with semantics but you are not.

The point you make is facile, and why?
Well, people's opinions are not always based on facts, people have natural and irrational tendencies for harbouring opinions, racists exemplify this completely.

The church held onto the belief that the sun moved around the earth for well over a hundred years whilst the facts of the matter were readily in front of them that completely disputed their opinion.

Their opinion wasn't based upon fact, it was based upon religious dogmatism and was therefore WRONG !!!!

yes, i will be corrected there.

an opinon may not always be based on fact but it is based on the information available to an individual.

you use racists as an example....
a racist is someone who is of the opinion that the race they belong to is somehow superior to another.
ok we all know this is not fact so we look further to where did this opinion come from.
assuming that the person is not insane or mentaly ill (that just removes any logic from the equation) then their opinion must be based on information they have been fed from other sources.
change the information a person has to process and their opinion may change.

the members of the church were fed incorrect information and formed an opinion based on this....over time they reviewed more information and accepted the facts. their opinion changed.

and kindly refrain from the childish :rolleyes: *yawns*, i am simply engaging in conversasion. if its boring you that much dont answer. there is no need to act like you are in the school yard

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by dusty
read the first post in this thread then see what it has degenerated to.
yeah i was thinking that too......kinda went off track a touch maybe, but then the most interesting conversions always do!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
originally, it seems that people enjoyed themselves no matter how well or badly they did.

paintball for the love of paintball. is there any purer form??

who cares which format one person likes or dislikes? I like paintball. I enjoy paintball. End of.

Given the opportunity i would play any format I can get to, count yourselves lucky you have the opportunity to make the choice.

thousands of people in the uk alone would love to play but can't afford it or aren't well enough to do so.

think about that when you all are having a pissing contest.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ukk

Originally posted by Baca Loco
Gotta do better than that, Pete. Virtually by definition Evolution can't be entropic. Where that leaves you in an entropic universe ... ;) Although at a minimum one might expect some extant examples of devolution. And before you go there--I blame the schools. :D

Baca, I had realised the mutual exclusivity of both terms, I was pulling your leg and offering you up an insoluble to hopefully keep you occupied.
The reason they do co-exist is a problem but I think it has something to do with entropy acting upon relatively passive systems as against more dynamic examples of animal evolution, that's my opinion but I could be wrong tho :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by jahlad
yes, i will be corrected there.

an opinon may not always be based on fact but it is based on the information available to an individual.
I only had to come up with one example to completely refute your initial assertion, I have done that.....end of, the rest is bull!

Yawn :eek: