Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fitness

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
ahhhhh cramp

Kudos to the personal training programmes..I may well be PMing.

However...my main concern is bloody cramp!

I had my calves go on me last Saturday at a tourney and was buggered for the rest of the day.

I have had it before...and normally, I drink some very salty water, in the morning before a tourney and that seems to work...but I didn't the other day.

I assume it's lack of salt and being in a squatting position etc that may have caused it?

I'm not super fit..I smoke a bit, I don't drink, I'm 5"11 and 13.5 stone...not fat..I work out doors but isnt as active as it used to be and also involves driving and have outdoor hobbies, but paintball is the most active one I currently have, but I don't train several times a week...have re-acquired a bike and hope to use that effectively.

Any pointers or causes regarding the cramp??

cramp is one of the medical mysteries of the 21st century.
yes in some people salt levels are the cause of cramp, but i wouldn't think so in this case. usually the cause of calf cramp is bad supply of nutrients through the facias of the gastrox(means nothing i know). if you find your suffering alot from cramp pm and i'll give you my phone number and talk through the easiest and most effective stretch for your calf muscles, which if you do it during the week to loosen the calf muscles of, before, during and after an event i bet that the little cramp issue goes away.:eek:

it's easy to explain over the phone than writing in pm.
free of charge to ballers.:D

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
any joy

has any of you guys out there i gave out basic start up programmes completed or even tried what i gave you, if so it's coming to the time where i'll start changing the programme i gave out and making things alot more specific to yourself.

alot of the programes had the same elements but area's changed on your critiria.

pm or post again

cheers dudes

any other strange injuries or syptoms just ask.
free to ballers :D

Skeet

Platinum Member
cramp is one of the medical mysteries of the 21st century.
yes in some people salt levels are the cause of cramp, but i wouldn't think so in this case. usually the cause of calf cramp is bad supply of nutrients through the facias of the gastrox(means nothing i know). if you find your suffering alot from cramp pm and i'll give you my phone number and talk through the easiest and most effective stretch for your calf muscles, which if you do it during the week to loosen the calf muscles of, before, during and after an event i bet that the little cramp issue goes away.:eek:

it's easy to explain over the phone than writing in pm.
free of charge to ballers.:D
Cheers mate...maybe this will help too (gonna make myself sound so unfit!).

The other week...I took my dog for a walk for half an hour, which involved walking down, then back up a hill...little ba$tard pulling all the way (large puppy!).
Anyway..on my return...I discovered, what my wife refers too as "Bones in my legs"...the low front of my shins/ankle felt stiff and was difficult to do anything that meant my foot had to bend towards my shins..what is that all about? Am i just a weird freak who shouldn't even try and take my dog for a walk???!!!!:D

Cheers

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
pm

Cheers mate...maybe this will help too (gonna make myself sound so unfit!).

The other week...I took my dog for a walk for half an hour, which involved walking down, then back up a hill...little ba$tard pulling all the way (large puppy!).
Anyway..on my return...I discovered, what my wife refers too as "Bones in my legs"...the low front of my shins/ankle felt stiff and was difficult to do anything that meant my foot had to bend towards my shins..what is that all about? Am i just a weird freak who shouldn't even try and take my dog for a walk???!!!!:D

Cheers
hi mate pm me as i don't understand what your getting at. don't think you sound like a freak just sound a little stiff.:(

I am a PTI instructor in the Air Cadets. I reckon I can help ya out mate.

Basically fitness is all about building up. Alot of people go straight in at the deep end then get fustrated because they can do it and they see no improvement.

Its not essential to go to the gym for a good level of fitness, gym is good for specified fitness and lazy people :D

I would say for the targets you are looking at, you should perhaps get into jogging. It is by far the best form of cardio vascular fitness available. Along with skipping. If you dont have time to go for a 20 minute jog every day or every other day, skip for 15 minutes a night. Its a favourite of mine. 15 Mins skipping will leave you utterly nackerd! It also does a good job on you upper arms ;)

But for more arm working, for your shoulders, hold suitable weights in each arm and hold them by your side, then keeping your arms slightly bent, bring your arms up as if you are flapping your arms trying to fly, but remember to do it slowly, and work on the weights up and down, dont swing, keep your legs shoulder width apart, and your back ever so slightly bent. do 3 sets of 12 repetitions of this, and increase the weight as you feel you need to. Remember, fitness is all about progression ;)

Also try the old dumbell curles as well for biceps. Im sure you know what they are ;)

I hope this helps, dont hesitate to ask for more advice matey.

Samsta

As Others Withdraw, We Push On.
Sep 6, 2005
N.Yorks
the only thing is cramp behind the knee ,thigh area when making a knee slide apart from that nothin major....
Cheers

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
the army has an exercise aptly named the "oh no", mainly cos when when you get given them, your reaction will be "aahhh f*ck"
to do them:
1) start in the pressup position,
2) do one pressup
3) then one squat thrust (from press up position bring knees up to chest, dont move hands off floor)
4) from that position jump up and do one star jump
5) return to press up position.

thats one rep ladies and gents. thats why its called the oh no.
Or sometimes known as B#*tards, only because they are if you get lots of them.

Skeet the same thing happens to me on loaded marches, this is usually caused by the muscles expanding and loading up with lactic acid, not sure of your fitness levels but the uphill bits on tabs always cause that effect to happen in my legs. Best way I've found is to jog it off slowly for a couple of hundred metres then do some stretches, which I'm sure i'mnovet. will be able to help you with (find it difficult to describe myself, in text).

Cheers
Matt:D

psymon

student bum..
Jan 15, 2007
manchester/blackburn
the army has an exercise aptly named the "oh no", mainly cos when when you get given them, your reaction will be "aahhh f*ck"
to do them:
2) do one pressup
3) then one squat thrust (from press up position bring knees up to chest, dont move hands off floor)

thats one rep ladies and gents. thats why its called the oh no.
ive done some training with army lads, and i was told this is called a "*******"

its a beasting technique staff sergeants, drill sergeants to yanks, use to get the lads to come together, he tortures you with these exercises and you scream ******* at him everytime you have finished a jump.

i know you didnt all need to know that, but thought i would enlighten you.

dax

Feb 24, 2007
to do them:
2) do one pressup
the "oh no" lol aka the MEGA B*STARDO bin there done that lol,;) (mega differs from the b*stardo as u are adding the star jump/knee to chest) and man i once gobbed off to a ssm and was gave 300 (man i thought i was gunna die after 20).I still do them now when i train lol ( should read when i can be bothered to train :D )
in my honest opinion lol @honest! erm i have found that you have to do equal amounts on body i.e 100 situps and 100 dorsal raises that way conditioning yourself like that helps prevent you walking around like hunchback and wasting money on woks to iron ur shirts on pml cus you didnt bother to work your back so its weak as pee

also coz im sad and bored i read this whole thread and there are loads of gud info bleep test, field running, sit ups and a personal trainer who im going to send my details to next lol all id say is ne thing that gets you out of breath for 20mins is good for ya id say like sex but that lasts erm cough cough 20secs caughs lol :eek: :eek: :eek: