Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gaza Incident & Paintball

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Also, is the 'Israel issue' a large, nuclear, version of the PC-mania that's been infecting our society since the 90's? Pete had asked, over at the Brain-Box, whether racism had become so Taboo that even to discuss it can be construed as racist. Does this apply here?

I believe this distorted treatment of the Jews is the flip side of the same coin I was talking about the other day in the Brain Box thread concerning racism.
For myself, I feel no guilt whatsoever for what happened to the Jews; I'd go as far to say that even if I was German, I would feel no guilt because I had nothing to do with what happened.

I see no logic, no rationale, absolutely nothing that bestows upon anybody, any advantage in feeling guilty about something you had fack all to do with ... it's insane, absolutely insane for anybody to adopt a position of guilt when innocent.
...but... this leads me to ponder the problem a little more because perhaps there's somethign else going on here and the illusion of guilt imposed upon the innocent is a mere camouflage for something more sinister.

I think a political arm of the Jewish people have for a very long time [since the second world war in practical terms] quite cleverly massaged events, opinions and rhetoric so that it subtly manipulates people into an assumed position of guilt; this particular guilt has no direct link to atrocities past but is indirect in nature and one that has been carefully and willfully engineered into the minds of the western civilised peoples.
A similar manipulation has been done on the US peoples concerning the racist problems they have over there with the African Americans.
In fact, the American Indians were a bit slow off the blocks with this type of social manipulation in my book because they soon learned what benefits were achievable from the political activists of the black peoples.
Once they saw what changes the Blacks had achieved, the Indians launched a similar political guilt bandwagon and drove it right across the US and A into every self respecting American's home.

People have been hoodwinked in my book, what other plausible explanation can there be in terms of reconciling innocent peoples feeling guilty about a crime against humanity they had no direct involvement in????

It's like me assuming guilt for what the Krays got up to, they might be English, they might live not 10 miles from me but that don't mean I should in any way guilty for their crimes ... and you know what?
I fackin don't !!!

No more than I don't feel guilty about what happened in those slavery days; I might feel desperately sorry for the people it happened to but if I feel guilty, then I am gonna feel obligated and it is exactly that obligation that underwrites all the injustices we now witness throughout society.

People are naturally gonna manipulate events to suit themselves, it's in our nature I'm afraid; it's also in our nature to deny such Machiavellian manipulations even though we might be completely guilty.

Kinda ironic if you think about this really ... we have innocent people feeling guilty for something they haven't done ... and then we have guilty people declaring innocence about somethign they have ... a confusing world eh?

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site

Just to bounce back alittle to the subject. I really feel this kind of exposure of paintball equipment is a disaster. We pretty much couldnt get worse exposure.

Sure some say it benifit and sell some more riot controll tippmans, I dont think so as it turned out to fail to controll anything.

But the huge negative side is that after all the hard work to explain how non warlike paintball is, its now cabled all over the world its exactly that. I can see huge problems establishing paintball in to new nations where they only have seen paintballguns in the hands of IDF.

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
To be honest though Magued, I think that in this particular case, despite its unpleasantness, the markers used are one of the last things on people's minds, as is easily shown by this very thread and the people inhabiting it.

Cases such as kids doing driveby's are distinctly more detrimental.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I agree with NSKlad here, I don't think for one second this is a disaster or anywhere near it; in fact, more damage will be done by expressing the opinion 'it's a disaster' for obvious reasons .. that incident will register on people's radar with no thought for any association to paintball but for the brutal and inhuman response of the Israelis, nothing more.

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
To be honest though Magued, I think that in this particular case, despite its unpleasantness, the markers used are one of the last things on people's minds, as is easily shown by this very thread and the people inhabiting it.

Cases such as kids doing driveby's are distinctly more detrimental.

I dont think people are thinking about the paintballguns right now, but it might pop up next time they are deciding about an activity or if they are in a position regarding legal issues.

Drivby`s are worse in established countrys where paintball are legal, but for when it come to countrys where we still want to establish paintball it can create a illusion that paintball is paramilitary training etc etc