Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gaza Incident & Paintball

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
it was an aid convey, not owned or operated by any nation's government
The ships were sailing under the Turkish flag, making the Israeli attack an attack on Turkish sovereignty under International Maritime law.

Had the IDF waited until the ships reached Israel's territorial waters, then it would be a different matter legally.

baller11164

AirDrop Paintball FTW!
Sep 22, 2009
Chav Town, Norfolk
The ships were sailing under the Turkish flag, making the Israeli attack an attack on Turkish sovereignty under International Maritime law.

Had the IDF waited until the ships reached Israel's territorial waters, then it would be a different matter legally.
then surely a Turkish ship planning to break a navel blockade of a another state is an act of war
and the Turkish where the only Islamic country with ties to Israeli so i cant see why they would break it

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
it was an aid convey, not owned or operated by any nation's government
Doesnt matter if it was a floating stripbar. And they are nation flagged. It they where Israeli flagged then it would have been in order. But Im not really sure why you even debate this as its called a pirate act from most governments and EU officialls.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
then surely a Turkish ship planning to break a navel blockade of a another state is an act of war
No, because the ship is not representative of the state, in the same way a Tourist to a country is not an ambassador in the legal sense.
When a ship is in International waters, then protocol demands that the Nation wishing to board the ship first seeks approval from the nation that the ship sails under. To do otherwise is to effectively invade the host ships sovereignty, had the IDF waited until the ships hit their waters, they could have legally demanded to board for inspection.
What Israel did was snub international law (again), and they have literally no legal justification
for their actions whatsoever as the (legal or otherwise depending on your view) embargo was not breached.

and the Turkish where the only Islamic country with ties to Israeli so i cant see why they would break it
Arrogance on Israel's part perhaps?

EDIT: For the record, I see problems with both sides but lately (and by that I mean the last ten or so years) it seems that Israel are hell-bent on eradicating the Palestine nation, with is very sad considering the Jewish people's history of oppression (pre-1948).

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Doesnt matter if it was a floating stripbar. And they are nation flagged. It they where Israeli flagged then it would have been in order. But Im not really sure why you even debate this as its called a pirate act from most governments and EU officialls.
Totally true.
This would immediately be considered an act of piracy in the west, had ANY other middle-eastern country done it.
Try to subjectively consider what your initial reaction would have been if Iran had done it..

Israel DO limit supplies into Gaza to a bare minimum needed for survival, and thats only because they have to.

baller11164

AirDrop Paintball FTW!
Sep 22, 2009
Chav Town, Norfolk
Arrogance on Israel's part perhaps?

EDIT: For the record, I see problems with both sides but lately (and by that I mean the last ten or so years) it seems that Israel are hell-bent on eradicating the Palestine nation, with is very sad considering the Jewish people's history of oppression (pre-1948).
because Israel needs more enemies right?

hell bent on eradicating the palestine nation?
thats why they pulled out in 2008 right?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Missy, it's extremely rare you and I disagree and this I'm afraid is no example of a disagreement. I totally agree with you and I have long seen Israeli's actions as unlawful and most certainly not justified in any way whatsoever.

The way they treat the people in the Gaza is abominable and is it any wonder the Palestinians, and others, have taken arms against them?
I am not taking any political stance here, I am assuming a humanitarian stance and I don't care who fackin started what here, two wrongs do not make a right and the Israeli's have shown time and again their propensity to break international law, their word, and the hearts of so many families.

I think Missy, in essence mate, we agree.... as nearly always.

baller11164

AirDrop Paintball FTW!
Sep 22, 2009
Chav Town, Norfolk
Totally true.
This would immediately be considered an act of piracy in the west, had ANY other middle-eastern country done it.
Try to subjectively consider what your initial reaction would have been if Iran had done it..

Israel DO limit supplies into Gaza to a bare minimum needed for survival, and thats only because they have to.
i agree, however i never said that Israel was legally right, just that the Israelis have a duty to protect there civilians and boarders, and if stopping hezbollah and hamas access to the sea is working, then they should