Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Greatest Northern Player of All Time !!!

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Everybody! Stop digging! Even as absurdist theater this thread is sketchy (tho Duffy tried mightily to invigorate the--hopefully--last act). And it certainly isn't entertaining so I give it a thumb's down.

Now, can Rental please explain where there's an insult to anyone but Hush?
And can Hush please ask his Mommy to explain to him how his misunderstanding of a post led him astray?
And could someone please get Pete's Zantax refill asap?
Thank you.

PS-Collier, you aren't helping.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
rental and hush hush are bum buddies, they actually work for the same company and I'm beginning to feel they are becoming conspiratorial in the way they are going about their business on here.

They have yet to show any substance to any of their accusations so I am beginning to think they have an agenda with me, which of course is not unique but you'd think the pair of them could have come up with a better attack line than the one they have.

I suppose it's just an emergent property of their combined intellects struggling to get past double figures and so I shouldn't really be that surprised but it does grate on me that these 'girlie' types have every opportunity to come up to me and voice their displeasures but we all know they won't.
I just snigger to myself mulling over the reasons why they can't or won't.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Robbo
They have yet to show any substance to any of their accusations so I am beginning to think they have agenda with me, which of course is not unique but you'd think the pair of them could have come up with a better attack line than the one they have.
In MNSHO the only agenda here was an effort, poorly conceived and executed, to express outrage and indignation and cloak it all in the role of victim. It seems to me that peeps have this notion that the "freedom" to express their opinion also carries with it the unstated "right" to never be challenged--which is completely outrageous as the idea here is dialogue and for anyone who wishes to only listen to themselves and bask in their own wisdom a set of crayons and a nice white wall should suffice.

On the flipside, I think it is incumbent on those of us with mod powers to fight "fair" if and when we get into debate with other forum users as it becomes an active reflection of what the site values. (That is, if we want real, open and honest dialogue we have to encourage it.) And, yes, I know we've had this discussion before and disagree about aspects of it but I mention it here so newer users will see that the whole subject has been given some thought all along.

And, no, I'm not suggesting anything untoward about this particular bout though I find shooting fish in a barrel unsporting and would rather commend you on the kinder, gentler approach of the last, what, year or so. For anyone who finds Robo a tad harsh nowadays you have no idea ... ;)

To Collier--and peeps wonder why the world is the way it is. :p :)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
In MNSHO the only agenda here was an effort, poorly conceived and executed, to express outrage and indignation and cloak it all in the role of victim. It seems to me that peeps have this notion that the "freedom" to express their opinion also carries with it the unstated "right" to never be challenged--which is completely outrageous as the idea here is dialogue and for anyone who wishes to only listen to themselves and bask in their own wisdom a set of crayons and a nice white wall should suffice.

On the flipside, I think it is incumbent on those of us with mod powers to fight "fair" if and when we get into debate with other forum users as it becomes an active reflection of what the site values. (That is, if we want real, open and honest dialogue we have to encourage it.) And, yes, I know we've had this discussion before and disagree about aspects of it but I mention it here so newer users will see that the whole subject has been given some thought all along.

And, no, I'm not suggesting anything untoward about this particular bout though I find shooting fish in a barrel unsporting and would rather commend you on the kinder, gentler approach of the last, what, year or so. For anyone who finds Robo a tad harsh nowadays you have no idea ... ;)

BAN THE HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco

I got no problem with an open and honest dialogue but ya see, there's my problem Paul, the word 'honest' is an integral requirement of any debate and if people descend into dishonesty then I will not afford them an open debate and if they are using dishonest material to attack me, then they are gonna get it both barrels, no prisoners taken mate.

As to how I determine 'dishonesty' in people's posts, well, it comes down to common sense, if somebody attacks me and something they say is just not true, and they continue to attack me on that flawed premise, then I will deem that debate null and void and it's open season on them as far as I am concerned.
I am never dishonest in my posts and always try to be well informed, I have no agendas with anybody unless they have a proven track record of malicious posting or have done something outside of these boards to piss me off.

And so, there you have it, they can like it, or they cannot, I don't care.
For the vast, vast majority of people on this site, these conditions would never apply because most of them have a brain in their head and the ones that haven't occasionally surface like hush hush and rental have done so expertly.

I didn't ask these two clowns to comment but as soon as they did, and the premise for their attack has bull**** involved, then they run the gauntlet of being exposed as fools and or liars, their choice not mine.
As soon as I realised what company they work for, I then realised why they said what they did but hey, such is life and as I said, their choice to get involved not mine, I'll just serve them up for the idiots that they are and then watch them scurry back to being nobodies and underachievers.