Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Has the Cocker now been eclipsed..?

Leigh - Nexus

Jul 23, 2004
in dot.
Visit site
Originally posted by Tom Allen
Software..... you may be a bit naive there mate.
Really ? are you sure, if you're reffering to adding shots, I haven't heard of a single case in the NPPL, EXL or whatever where a cocker has been proven over the robot to add shots.

Of course I could be wrong and if they had proven this then it wouldn't have been an Eclipse board inside the gun, this I can be sure of.

Leigh - Nexus

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
Who says the cocker is at the peak of it's performance??

How do you compare it to any other marker, to draw this conclusion??

Where's the bench test data??

Seems to me that ALL markers can now fire faster then you can feed.

When you compare cars, you use the 0 to 60mph or mpg to compare between them, how can you apply this to markers??

Should the question not be....."Havel paintball markers not reached to top in performance??"

Ryan(pb alexandria)

Clan Killer
Sep 5, 2004
Loch Lomond
Visit site
Well, I just recently entered the tourny scene this year and from playing rec ball for a while now and owning/loving autocockers, learning how it works, learning how to take care of it if something goes wrong Ive realised they are a beautifull bit of kit and engineering.

Going into the tourny scene I wanted a faster marker than a mech cocker. So naturally I got an eblade, an orracle to be exact.

Autocockers have been about for years as you all know because they work well, they fire well, they rip, they are easy to fix and if you know how to time one you can do it in your stride. Top end uber markers that are fully electronic like the dm4 etc are sweet and have little kick but I think THE FEEL of a marker is a very important factor.

The way a marker sits in your hands, the way it feels when you fire it, the way its balanced etc etc. Alot of people love cockers for that.

As for speed no one can outshoot an eblade I mean 30-40+ bps? I agree with the posts about ramping etc however the eblade has a fast, honest, non cheating, non grey area board. I dont know what other people think but thats what I want in a marker. I dont wanna get pulled cause my marker is adding shots etc when i dont want them.

The closed bolt issue well.... ive never seen a difference in open bolt and closed bolt markers however my cockers are all very accurate and can shoot the most fragile paint ever, paint so fragile it was breaking in my hopper and pods but never in my breach.

Anyway thats just my 2p but the bottom line with cockers.

They look cool as fook!

Chuck

Northern by a mile
Aug 4, 2003
Essex
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
Crossing the "Gap".....

Gary asks what were the bench marks that the Cocker was Judged against. I don't Know what Tom is basing his on but heres mine! I will include a Car type for a comparison.

We have been testing other makes for a couple of months.
I will not mention names, but you can guess away.

Marker A, Build quality of a 1980's Lada, fast , easy to be made to shoot faster than actual trigger pulls. Took three guns to get one to work and that still blended paint. (early XR3i)

Marker B, good build quality fast when dry fired but put paint in and it converted perfectly good balls to soup quicker than the first one.(Audi)

Marker C, Fast, illegal modes, Rubbish build quality but better than A.(Saxo that has been "chaved" up)

Marker D, Fast Uber reliable will shoot any paint as long as its got a shell around it faultless build quality ( BMW M3 )

I would not compromise the teams ability by having it shoot an inferior or out of date marker, there is no Gap that has to be crossed Tom.The New generation Cockers (E2) are there and will continue to be there for a good while yet. We shoot D in case you are in any doubt.

Chuck.
Ps. I think I should get Beakers Job.

keeping it cocker related...

Im not sure you could compare the cocker to a car.

You can either dial the LPR right up, get the 40bps capability, but also get tonnes of kick and trigger bounce.

Or you turn the LPR down low, get to shoot fragile paint and a gun that hits 12bps at best.

The turtle type cockers do improve this, by removing a lot of the bolt.

I dont know of a car that requres a compromise like that, perhaps one of those electric-petrol hybrids or something.

martin

am member
Dec 12, 2001
Visit site
lpr?

john you talk rubbish i have never ever ever even touched my lpr in fact i have no idea how to work on a cocker none at all.
And i shot some paint that breaks if i look at it wrong and i still shoot at the same speed. Also i get a alot of shots per fill.
Don't you have to added a expassion to get low pressure for fragile paint?. and shime you lpr so you don't loose velicoty over time?

You dont have to change it all the time, but whoever initially set the gun up, would have had to make that compromise.

Back in the day the ability to make that adjustment was what got cockers a reputation of 'accurate guns' that can shoot fragile paint.

Nowadays no one runs a cocker with the LPR really low, because of the reduced ROF. But a cocker set up to shoot fast kicks alot more than other guns and is just as hard on the paint...

Chuck

Northern by a mile
Aug 4, 2003
Essex
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
Originally posted by diablo66
BMW ubber reliable:confused:
VW ubber reliable my friend......but then that's just me being pedantic.;)
VW's reliable! thats a myth, a bit like the one about modern Cockers being slow.

John, If I can run my E2 at 18bps shoot paint that breaks from below knee height at 290fps.(and its still set on Factory fast with the lpr set at what ever Planet set it at) where is the compromise?

You and Tom seem to be basing all your comments on Pre E2's.
Have either of you shot a Planet "factory "or "Nexus" E2?