Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heads Up

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
The latest Welt is up and running - see the news thread for link :) Says on the back cover to look for the next issue but no details - just the world's most generalised statements. Looks like the sort of thing a professional medium could have come out with! Hopefully there will be many more though (presumably the costs are much lower to produce!).

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
This is my first chance to really catch up on the boards since being on the road but reading this thread brought back all the feelings we had when heard the first time - it sucks.

PGi was a major part of my life, not quite as long as Robbo´s but hey ;). I met many great people, built up lasting friendships and got to make a job out of my hobby, what more could I ask for? I wont thank everyone here, because to do so would only inevitably leave someone deserving out, so you know who you are and I thank you for every moment.

We produced the best magazine we could, and I´m damn proud of what went out the door each month.

PGi RIP

Robinsucks

Aug 18, 2004
St Louis
I'm terribly sorry to hear it guys. You always had the best articles and you will be greatly missed. Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
I like the fact that PGI has been put on ice and not completely dismissed from returning in the future.

All the best with everything that you've got going on Robbo. Don't go back into Maths Tutoring though - you'd scare the life out of those poor kids!!! ;)

See you soon buddy,

Nicky

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Don't go back into Maths Tutoring though - you'd scare the life out of those poor kids!!! ;)

Nicky

To be honest Nick, I think the reason I won't go back into tutoring has more to do with me being incapable of doing it anymore.
I had a quick look at the A level math syllabus I used to teach and thought 'frikkin' hell', I couldn't do half of it' and I have little motivation to go back and gen up again.

Consequently, I think my future lies away from academia and still within the realms of paintball.

I would like to add one thing and I don't think enough credit for PGi has been laid at Beaker's feet, certainly I haven't said enough.
PGi has undergone many changes in its 20 years, we have had a handful of editors all of whom have had their unique input.
Steve Duffy had a huge influence in the way we developed and helped put us up there at the forefront of all paintball publications.
Beaks, took up the editorial baton when Duff suddenly decided to go teach which surprised everybody at PGi Towers.

I was initially skeptical to say the least but Beaks took PGi to another level and quelled any reservations I might have had.
Beaks also had to negotiate dealing with me, and trust me, I'm not an easy person to deal with when it comes to taking direction from anybody, he had a hard time of it at first but dealt with that particular problem with a calm head and some mature decisions.

He eventually earned my rightful respect and proved to everybody he could produce a magazine that took paintball coverage and presentation to an unprecedented level.

He was rightly proud of his achievements and along the way, he made everybody who was connected with PGi equally proud.

He did a truly fantastic job and it seems ironic that when PGi was now producing the best issues ever, the financial situation pulled the rug away.
In doing the job the way he did, Beaks not only validated PGi, he also validated paintball as a sport because anybody picking up an issue could not fail to be impressed.

Well done Beaks - I will miss working with him.

O

ollytheosteo

Pete's summed it up a treat- for anyone who's enjoyed PGi over the last few years Beaker is the man to thank- I can tell you from experience it takes a firm hand at the helm to make the necessary decisions and deal with deadbeat writers with 'relaxed' attitudes to deadlines:eek::rolleyes: I know I'm biased but I think PGi produced some of the best issues yet in the last year or so, both exciting to read and look at and full of actual content you couldn't find anywhere else, and Ian was the key player behind all that goodness:)