Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi what do you think I should get next?

Tartan Blaster

Dec 1, 2005
Stirling, Scotland
Visit site
Hi. I have been playing for a year now (about 5 times now) and have invested in all my own kit which is...

Tactical trilogy autococker
12volt revolution hopper
crossfire 68ci 5000psi tank
empire battlepack
vforce profiler
blackstar gloves
and some pods, squeegees etc

And the point of this is that my birthday is coming up and I am wondering want to spend the bucket loads of cash.:D
I will hopefully be getting the new angel airtime gear (which looks absolutely sweet:cool: ) which will hopefully be able to get to me in time for the next time I play. I am trying to play tournament so not looking for any woodsball upgrades but was more thinking about getting either

barrel kit cocker threaded (thinking along the lines of a pipe kit, or maybe a kaner kit but only if its complete)
cocker upgrades delrin bolt, new reg etc(but not sure whether it's worth bothering upgrading a trilogy as it probably effect the resale value)
eblade
or should I save up for a second hand marker

I was going to just get a barrel kit but seeing the second market as it is and how my trilogy compares to other markers (answer: it doesn't really) has made it look like that if I want to go further I wont be holding onto my marker much longer it seems like a waste to buy cocker threaded gear. But on the other hand my mum will kill me if I sell my marker only after having it for so long and therefore I would either need a good deal on a good marker or a good reason (I'm still trying to come up with one of these;) )

So in conclusion what do you think stick it with my marker and get some of the upgrades I'm thinking of (or other that I have missed) or try and upgrade to a better gun?

All replies are welcome and thanks for all your help

Tartan Blaster

Dec 1, 2005
Stirling, Scotland
Visit site
yikes that was quick only 6 minutes :eek: :eek:

I wasn't really thinking about getting a faster loader as there isn't a chance in hell that I will outshoot my current loader with my current loader and even if I did upgrade I think the realms of +14bps will allude me for quite some time. Unless I befall the horrible curse that is ramping lol

Graeme

Cumbria's Finest
Jan 22, 2002
Up North
Visit site
if you buy a barrel kit with cocker thread when you decide to up grade you can still use it on load's of other marker's like the ego, e-blade cockers and timmy's (i think)

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
All depends how much cash you are talking about you can get second hand egos for around £350-£400 now which would be a major step up in terms of a marker, but as mentioned nowadays you can't really go wrong with a cocker thread barrel kit as so many guns use them such as the ego.

If you are planning on selling up soon and upgrading you might aswell do it now in time for the new season. But all depends on how much cash you have to spare?

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Save up a bit of cash and get a Tournament Capable gun, either second hand Ego 05 / Timmy or if you have to go new an Ion will keep up with other Tournament guns at a fraction of the cost. You can probably get a new Ion for 50-70 quid more than an Barrel kit.

At least you won't be too out gunned on a tournament field. Firepower wins games!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
definitely get a new marker
tourney and mech cocker = outgunned
even if you think it doesnt matter i beleive a certain psychoogical effect of beleiving yourself to be out gunned