Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi what do you think I should get next?

storm1975

Jul 21, 2005
Manchester
Well just incase you someone hasn't suggested it, lol, get an EGO.

Seriously, you won't go wrong. I loved my eclipse cocker but if you want to move to tourney then you would really benefit from the smaller, lighter and much easier to maintain Ego.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
If the price is still too high on Egos, look at used Timmies. They are a lot like Egos, though the quality is lower on the pre-2004 models. 2002 timmies go pretty cheap these days.

I love cockers, but if you are pretty new, I would recommend steering clear. You could pick one up cheap, but they need a little bit of understanding to trouble shoot, and they have enough adjustments that a lot of people screw them up. You should be focused on playing, not teching your equipment.

Angels 2005 and later are fine. 2004 Angel Flies are nice. Anything older that has a decent break-beam eye installed would be ok, too.

Once you get it set up right, it won't matter a ton what marker you get.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Gyroscope
Angels 2005 and later are fine. 2004 Angel Flies are nice. Anything older that has a decent break-beam eye installed would be ok, too..
I dont think that's necessarily true, the break-beam eyes are really only a must if you want to use ramping.

I've got an Angel A4 with Sensi, not eyes, and haven't chopped a ball yet.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I believe you when you say you haven't had any trouble with the Sensi, but it was problematic for a lot of users. That is why I advise against it. It is not certain that he would have any trouble from a Sensi equiped Angel, but I think it is more likely than with BB eyes.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
True, eyes are definitely the better option and having sensi means you have to take a certain amount of care. Like putting a mark on your straightshot so you know how far into your barrel you can put it without snapping the sensi-rod :)

Am tempted to get rid of my A4 tbh, see if I can afford a Speed 06.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Originally posted by Gyroscope

Once you get it set up right, it won't matter a ton what marker you get.

this is where the problem lies... from my noob experience I had to set up my markers myself - hence the direction of the Ego - out the box and shoot no tech needed .. all markers should be like that.

The way I see it - you've got to take into consideration the fact that when your new 90% of the time your going to be running your marker out of dive tanks using cheap paint, so efficency and a wide tolerance for paint is essential, plus if you dont have a tech to hand to do stuff for you then have to piss about with the marker and if you dont know exactly what your doing you then have to pay to get it fixed- all more money.I reckon people always recommend markers from a higher perspective and dont think about what you really need when your getting in to the sport -

Tartan Blaster

Dec 1, 2005
Stirling, Scotland
Visit site
Thanks yet again for all your helpfull replies, but it seems that an ego, if the best I could get it for is around £350, may be abit out of my price range if I want a halo as well. I was thinking more along the lines of a 05 speed or a timmy (don't know anything about them so not sure which) as they both seem to be more in my price range but I haven't seen many shockers for sale so if anyone could give me a rough price for one I would appreciate it. Thanks for your offer to try out an ego on the 12th and I will probably take you up on it as they sound amazing but unfortunately unless I can sell me crummy trilogy I don't think I will be getting one:( . However thank you for the advice and I will try andfget the money but in the meantime do people think of speeds, shockers and timmys (plus which one to look for) and if someone could again give me a rough price I will be eternally thankfull.
thanks yet again and I look forward to the following posts