Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do £100 goggles compare to £30 goggles?

Woody1993

Be your own hero...
Jan 19, 2014
j
you get what you pay for mate, down to personal preference, cant go wrong with the dye i4s

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
Hi.

This is probably a dumb question, but this is a newbie section. So I could go and spend £100+ on a set top set of goggles, but are they really any better than a £30 pair if the cheap pair covers your ears and doesn't fog?

Thanks for any input.

i am a total n00b i have a BT on C02 and and a set of i4's, i think the most important thank you can buy is a mask.
my mask cost more than my gun set up

Jun 3, 2012
i am a total n00b i have a BT on C02 and and a set of i4's, i think the most important thank you can buy is a mask.
my mask cost more than my gun set up
just remember if you fog up you cant see the enemy to shot no matter what marker you have. i have i4's fit better on the nose than the e flex

Reactions: BayBlade

henny

Sep 10, 2010
If you buy cheap goggles you will end up replacing them fairly quickly. I did this. I got some £30 cheapies but replaced with i4's after a couple of months and never looked back.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
U get what you pay for tbf spend £70+
Have we rewound 5 years again?

Back then the same advice was given - 'Buy the most expensive ______ you can afford', 'unles you buy the most expensive then you have wasted your money as you will buy it later' .... etc

You do get what you pay for, however the requirements for goggles are:
Suitable for paintball
Comfort
Vision

Add to any purchase - affordability. If you buy only the expensive items then the average new player then cannot afford to play.
Paintballers always want the next new item and tend to replace items anyway. Spending £70, £100 or more on goggles is only money well spent if you have tried a few on and know why you are paying the extra £.
Spend £30 now and update later in a few months when you are experienced enough to spend well then you can give away, sell cheaply or keep them spare. Keep them as a spare and the lens will also probably be cheap and worth buying to keep for your occasionaly used spares.
Spend £70+ now on the wrong goggles then you can sell them for about half price or still keep them, but the lens is not so cheap to maintain a fresh spare set of goggles.

£30 goggles are suitable for paintball, and even have anti fog lenses. Take care of the lens and it will remain clear..
If there is space around your mouth then the air can flow. You can pay £70+ for airflow, or you can pay £30 for air flow. It depends on the design and your head. If the goggles fit your head they will be comfortable.
If you have fogging issues then you can deal with that for around £5 on cat crap/zero fog. You have still spent half the price or less compared premium goggles.

Try things on and buy wisely for your pocket.

Reactions: Kevin Winter

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
You seem to be worried about the cost of the high end goggles and £100+ is a tiny bracket of those. Personally many of my masks have been bought used at a fraction of their original price. I have had mostmodels exept sly profits, those save phace things and proto axis. There have been pros and cons to all of them but I always find myself going back to my flexs.

I have a mangled so comfort is a major issue for me and I found jts the best in that department for the last 15+ yrs. Dye i3 pros were a close second, paintball fashion seems to dictate i4s be worn but the amount of people I see wearing them when they are obviously too small surpises me. Like the comment above about getting shot in the chin more wearing them is my point proven.

The other problem I encountered with my i4s was a reflection of the inside of my mask reflecting on the lense but it only seemed to be an issue with the white ones.

E-vents were nice to wear till I started shouting and the echo was horrible. Grillz fogged on me constantlybut since then they have released thermal lenses.

I am only giving my personal experience with these and you may well find the complete opposite. That is the problem with asking oppinions on something like goggles.

My last point would be that many of the sub 30 quid goggs are designed as rental masks and are more for hard wearing rather than comfort. The more expensive masks are usually lighter more flexible and better designed airflow wise.

You need to know how you get on with them over a period of time to judge them properly and you will find many players will lend you theirs to try for a game or 2 to get a feel for them. Just popping a set on for 30 seconds in the staging area doesn't tell you if they will fog after you run around the woods or tourney field.

storm9

Feb 8, 2006
The Netherlands
all masks are equal more or less
Take 1 which does not fog and fits you comfortably
try before you buy
Worried about the price? Buy second hand it's the same mask.
You will be surprised how many people buy masks because they like another color better etc