The Home Of European Paintball

How do you hold your marker?

• Thread starter Misty's Big Adventure
  • Start date

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
to be or not to be

Hi Guys, I have not read through the whole thread so forgive me if I retrack some parts. As long as you are sharp and tight in game its all about how you feel as far as holding your marker. I prefer to have my marker pretty much along side my head if Im popping out of bunkers to my left or right. Take your first pic for instance I feel your showing too much of your body behind th ebunker, your offering a big target. Now it may be a bad photo or as your moving out i dont know but if your along side a bunker I have my marker along side my head so I can pop out and snap shoot, while Im out shooting I have a good view over the field and make the most of the peripherals.

In a nut shell though, as long as you doing ok and not getting gogged too many times keep doing what your doing.

Good luck mate

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Hi Guys, I have not read through the whole thread so forgive me if I retrack some parts. As long as you are sharp and tight in game its all about how you feel as far as holding your marker. I prefer to have my marker pretty much along side my head if Im popping out of bunkers to my left or right. Take your first pic for instance I feel your showing too much of your body behind th ebunker, your offering a big target. Now it may be a bad photo or as your moving out i dont know but if your along side a bunker I have my marker along side my head so I can pop out and snap shoot, while Im out shooting I have a good view over the field and make the most of the peripherals.

In a nut shell though, as long as you doing ok and not getting gogged too many times keep doing what your doing.

Good luck mate
Cheers more helpful advice :) will try and see how lowering my marker goes. But on the weekend I only got 2 on the goggle and 2 on the hopper shots Most shots on me were on the arm or glove and one or 2 chest. Roll on the 24th :D time to play lol

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
From your last pic..... you should grip your foregrip reg tighter, will give you a better, more accurate shooting platform. And get the back end of your ion in between your eyes, resting on/ level with your mask where your nose meets the lens. That way, wherever you are looking is where your barrel is pointing.

But what do I know.......

M

Misty's Big Adventure

From your last pic..... you should grip your foregrip reg tighter, will give you a better, more accurate shooting platform. And get the back end of your ion in between your eyes, resting on/ level with your mask where your nose meets the lens. That way, wherever you are looking is where your barrel is pointing.

But what do I know.......
More than me lol didn't think about the foregrip hold thx for pointing that out :)

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Ok any chance of getting some pointers on my stance as well please?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/lord8ball/Tom2.jpg

Just to say that this is my gun battling stance and I realise that I should be wayyyy closer to the bunker and I should have a more dynamic leg stance( I was just showing some1 something in this shot) I'm really just wondering if my bottle's in the right sort of place for gun battling - when running and a gunning etc I have it a little bit further down and in for extra stability...

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Not if any one would be interested but, someone made a vid at the weekend. It Aberystwyth (who I play for) against Birmingham in the inter uni league. You should be able to spot me (at the start on the right side of the screen with a run then slide, and then I get hit on the hopper. The vid shows that hopper hit you see in the picture i posted but in action lol)

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Not if any one would be interested but, someone made a vid at the weekend. It Aberystwyth (who I play for) against Birmingham in the inter uni league. You should be able to spot me (at the start on the right side of the screen with a run then slide, and then I get hit on the hopper. The vid shows that hopper hit you see in the picture i posted but in action lol)

Just got your hopper too high and ur too loose in relation to your bunker. Just need - as people said - to get your gun down a little bit and tighten yourself up when gun battling.