The Home Of European Paintball

I luv Camo!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by steroberts
It depends what you classify a sport as ...

our good friends at dictionary.com say

sport

1.Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
2.An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3.An active pastime; recreation.

well guys?

Is paintball a physical activity? - Yes
Is it governed by a set of rules or customs? - Yes
Is it undertaken competitively? - Yes
Is it an active pastime / recreation - Yes

Is Woodball a Sport? - Yes
Is Sup 'Air a Sport? - Yes
;)

I'm afraid this is one case where the thing that is quacking is most definitely not a duck !

NiceButDim

S**t Happens!!
Originally posted by Tommy Gun-Nexus
everyones entitled to an oppinion mate, even the Scottish ;)

oh ho ho!!! beatings for you! :p

ok my 2pence.

people should really be aloud to wear what they want! in any "version" of paintball!
if someone wants to wear camo in sup air which would probably stand out even more than people with brightly coloured clothes! it is up to them to wear something that'll make them look like a tard!

the same goes for rec ball, if someone wants to wear a Mr Blobby outfit in a game where everyone else is in camo, it is totally up to them!

it is basicly up to the events who set the rules! if a tournament says "no camo" then guess what people who turn up in camo dont get to play!
If a rec ball event says no Mr Blobby outfits, then guess what..........we dont get shoot that anoying git! :rolleyes:

anyway one of my points is that the organisers have to set the rules! if there are dress rules then people have to follow them, or they dont get to play!

Ok to the point of people saying that it is a sport! I thought it was still trying to be classed as a sport!!! am I wrong?
have I missed a lot of things over these past few busy months of my life??? Please say I have :D

ok if paintball is still not actually classed as a sport.....well to people who dont play paintball :p (we all know to every paintballer it is a sport )

but if we want the general public to class paintball as a sport then as we all know Sup air is the way to go to do this!
it is the general public who get the wrong impression when they see people run around with guns, camo and shooting each other in the woods!
they get a different impression when they see people running around on a field with blow up barricadesm, with brightly coloured clothes and guns that dont look like real life guns! they get more intrigued!

I actually like talking to people about paintball when they believe Woodsball is the only form of paintball, as they again get really intrigued to find out that there is another version of it! Most people start off with woodsball as there are a lot of paintball sites who have woodsball, so people get in to paintball that way and dont really forget the running around in camo and all that! but when u try sup air it is a totally different experiance! with different rules and people feel having camo has no advantage in sup air so whats the point in wearing it!

people have to accept that both sides of paintball has a big interest and neither will die out! they are both exciting in there own way! Yes I know people dont like them both but there is no point in trying to stir up trouble by saying something bad about the other!

Sterobets u done a bad thing abou bringing up the dictionary definition! all I have to say is look up "war" :eek:

oh yeh I aint trying to say one is better than the other, as I like both of them :D but I am just trying to point out a few more things to think about!

al.

S.P.C.
sport or not

Robbo's right (although he clearly needs more sleep if he's posting on the fourum at 6:15 in the morning). It's more than just a dictionary definition. Sup' air has more in common with more traditional sports....spectators, tournament format and a high level of branding. Rec ball is something we all do but we're not pushing for recognition in the same way. They're so different but I think you can enjoy both.

SeedyKay

Mar 8, 2004
Horndean, England
Visit site
About my signature, that has often caused me problems, and i would probably change it if it didn't have principle.

1. I don't think that tournies are for pussies

2. The comment can't be claimed to be ridiculous, because i found it in a copy of PGI. In fact that's were i discovered it and put it here because its suprisingly cheeky

With that said, please disregard it as it came from the magazine that we're all probably reading.

Next, i can't understand how rec can be considered to not be a sport. If it where a load of people running around shooting each other with no purpose, then i would accept it. It isn't though.

Rec-ball is well structured, with rules and aims. It's like saying that playing football down the park isnt playing sport. it bloody is, it's just a different format.

We shouldn't get involved in this petty discussion over Rec or tournie. they both deserve the respect of the other. Paintball may have evolved out of the rec-ball era, but its about 20 times easier to start playing it then it is to play tournie. (here in the uk anyway)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by SeedyKay
Rec-ball is well structured, with rules and aims. It's like saying that playing football down the park isnt playing sport. it bloody is, it's just a different format.

That's a pretty good metaphor and illustrates with some clarity just why playing in the woods in cammo should not be regarded as a sport.

Now this caught my eye, "Robbo" posting in "Rec-ball"???? ... you get lost Pete? :D ;)

...or is this a hint that you might be crossing the fence into Tygers domain??? ;) ...

...if you get the urge to don the camo again and stick ferns in your hair (figuaratively speaking :D )...you're more than welcome to join us at the Empire Strikes Back game in October :)

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
war

1.A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.
2.The period of such conflict.
3.The techniques and procedures of war; military science
4.The discussion of rec ball vs sup air in forums

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SeedyKay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Robbo
That's a pretty good metaphor and illustrates with some clarity just why playing in the woods in cammo should not be regarded as a sport
Well isnt sup air well structured with rules and aims? So youre sayin that if it didnt have spectators it wouldnt be a sport?

Wasnt seedykay trying to say that Football is a sport whether played at a top stadium or down the park with some mates? Ill agree with that.

I thinks that paintball is a sport however you look at it. (well except those driveby punks)

NiceButDim

S**t Happens!!
Originally posted by -Suicide-
YOU are telling me thats 2 pence? thats bloody a millionaires money in pence! :D:eek:
oh ok I will send u the bill the :D ;)

LOL Steroberts!
haha I love it! I was only joking about lookin up war! ;)

I will try and put in another 2 pence ;) to point out a few more things! but I will do that 2morrow when I am at work! so I can waste some time! :p :rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by steroberts
war

1.A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.
2.The period of such conflict.
3.The techniques and procedures of war; military science
4.The discussion of rec ball vs sup air in forums

Well isnt sup air well structured with rules and aims? So youre sayin that if it didnt have spectators it wouldnt be a sport?

Wasnt seedykay trying to say that Football is a sport whether played at a top stadium or down the park with some mates? Ill agree with that.

I thinks that paintball is a sport however you look at it. (well except those driveby punks)

You are as entitled to your opinion as was any member of the flat earth society !