Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Impulse or 'Cocker

pbcustom98

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
I was looking at some guns and two that appealed the most are the Impulse and the 'Cocker vert feed..i was wondering what would be a better gun to get, b/c my b-day is soon and will be gettin a lot of $$, and + i have my own saved..anyway, whatever gun u say is better, plz explain why and what would be good upgrades from the start that dont cost a fortune..

thanks
Daniel

Cocker!

Well... as a Cocker owner I would say that.

But seriously folks:

People may or (due to the lack of posts) may not post "Cocker" or "Impulse man don't touch anything else" and all other sorts of rubbish. The fact remains that at the top level all the markers are used, because different people like different things in a marker.

Have you shot either of them? Don't buy a cocker until you have tried it, because you may really end up hating the cocker trigger.

Similarly you may end up hating the impy trigger (I have never tried it, but I don't like angels but love Bushey triggers).

So, try them both then decide. But I am a cocker owner, so I would recommend a cocker, maybe you shoudl consider the STO coker, or one of the custom jobs...

Anyways, you'll love whatever you get

Richard

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
as richard says try them both out and see which one you like better as far as feel and balance goes before you commit...actually with the cocker you might want to disregard your first and second opinions on it...i hated my cocker for two month before i got to the point that i could fire it without chopping paint like a gensu...now i just LOVE my baby.... sometimes i will shoot at a bunker not to keep someone down, but in fact just to see the backblock cycle, (uhm don't tell my teamates that....they think i am actually contributing to the team....the other teams players just happen to run thru where i am shooting, heck i'm not even looking down field, can't see my backblock cycle if i actually aim)

pbcustom98

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Markers

I will definitely try both out next time i go to the field, but the reason im leaning towards the Impulse from the start is because of the eye thing. But if that is not a big factor ill check out other specs of the markers and go from there.

Thanks for your help
Daniel
:D

pbcustom98

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Dull Back Block

What is a Dull Back Block...?

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK getting a marker with a dull back block for the above reason. You don't get the cool pneumatic action with an electro (but I have played with an electro with an LED to tell me I was pulling the trigger... real comforting when it refused to fire any paint!)
Thanks for your help

Daniel

Arrival

I Kick You in the Nuts!
Mar 24, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
Of all the times I've been at a feild, I heard that the Imps weren't the most reliable guns around. I've seen them shot though, and it's a fast firing rate it's got- a nice trigger, too. For whoever stated above, I think there's no way you can hate an Impulse trigger- they're light from what I hear (made friend @ feild has friend that lets him use it), and have a very short pull. There's my two cents on the Impulse.
As for an Autococker: They're very accurate, and have tons of aftermarket upgrades to choose from. They're a little slow, so it's user preferance. It can be improved though... you said you were going with the 2002 'Cocker, yeah? Scince it's cheaper, you'll be able to get the two things necessary: nitrogen and a new barrel. With those two, your 'gun will be working great. Although it works fine out of the box, it's a world of difference with those upgrades. May I suggest anything Crossfire(Nitro), or DYE(Barrels). I always heard nothing but good things about the DYE Ultralight, if you're looking for a cheaper but still high quality barrel. If I remember right, it's 95.00$ Oh, and the trigger; it's very easy to get used to. And it isn't as bad as people always say it is; trust me. Unless you've been using a trigger with the pull length of a mouse click for a very long time, it ain't a problem. My three cents on the Autococker.