The Home Of European Paintball

Impulse or 'Cocker

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
Markers

Originally posted by pbcustom98
I will definitely try both out next time i go to the field, but the reason im leaning towards the Impulse from the start is because of the eye thing. But if that is not a big factor ill check out other specs of the markers and go from there.

Thanks for your help
Daniel
:D
if you are going for a higher end cocker (the same price as a vision impulse) then it is very unlikely that you will chop paint. most of the reworked ones run on such a low internal pressure that if a ball is in the "chop" position rather than fully seated then the bolt refuses to cycle. i have currently have an evo, this replaced my IR3 which hads COPS on it which in turn replaced my vision impy.

I have had the evo for about 2-3 months and have put about 15-20 cases of paint through it in that time. It has not chopped a single ball.

Now i am used to the trigger i can fire it just as quickly as either the IR3 or the Vision. Ultimately though a cocker will not keep up with an electro (as far as i am aware) in a volume paint slinging contest.

However, the cocker is WWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY more accurate than most electros. Either way before u buy make sure you get a good long shot of both markers. Blasting a quick hopper load down the field does not give you a proper idea of what the marker is actually capable of .

Oh, and cockers rule!! :D

Rate's of Fire

Well... if you get a blade (or similar) frame then you can get some pretty reasonable rates of fire; and in fact the cocker is only limited by the speed with which you can pull the trigger, theoretcially you could out-shoot any electro (which is slowed down by the electronics...) But I can't move my fingers that fast so its all a bit acedemic.

Cockers rule, but try before you buy is the best advice that we can give.

Richard

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
cocker/impulse?

If u are looking for an old school tried and tested marker that sound and looks good then the cocker is the right choice. However if u are looking for something that is low maintenance, accurate, and can also throw out a lot of paint. Then the impulse is the best option.
I own a impulse and have never had any great problems with it. Its reliable, accurate and with a snazzy blue fade design looks sweet.

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
I have used a cocker before and found brillliant and accurate gun to use. But it depends whether you want to fire 15 a secound or 5 a secound.

pathfinder

mmmm new shiney things
Aug 22, 2001
South Wales
Visit site
If you want an electro rate of fire with the range and accuracy of a 'cocker, I have one word to say, Racegun.

Fired one at Belsales last week, JEEEEEZ they are awsome!!!!

Also helps if your a millionaire as they cost like £500 just for the grip!!!

Ah well I can but dream

P.S. For sale

1 Kidney £500 or willing to swap for Racegun grip