Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Impulse or 'Cocker

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
My mate has just bought a Eclipse Cocker and it is a beast. Put 1000 paint through it and it is runnin sweet. I have changed my opinion on cockers totally. May b even considering getting one myself.

Marspet

Apr 3, 2002
Norway
Visit site
IMPULSE AND COCKER ARE VERY DIFFERENT

COCKER:
-SMALLER
-LIGHTER (NEGATIVE PLASTIC TRIGGERFRAME ON STOCK VERSION)
-MUCH SLOWER...
-ACCURATE GOOD RANGE
-OK REG, NOT TO GOOD WITH ELECTRONIC FRAME ADD ON.
-NOISY

IMPULSE:
-A LOT FASTER (IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TRIGGER BUY ONE FROM PLANET ECLIPSE AT ABOUT 25$ AND GET MOUSECLICK ACTION.
-BETTER STOCK BARRELL WITH PORTING
-SLIGHTLY (VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE) LESS ACCURATE THAN THE COCKER WHEN SHOOTING SAME BARREL AND PAINT AT DISTANT TARGETS.
-AWESOME REG WITH STOCK GUN. MAX FLOW IS UNBELIVEABLY CONSISTENT. i OWN ONE FOR BOTH GUNS.
-VERY QUIET
-ACCURATE, SLIGHTLY LESS THAN THE COCKER BUT STILL VERY GOOD.

I PLAY BOTH MARKERS, BUT HAVE RACEGUNFRAME FOR MY COCKER. I NEVER BREAK ANY BALLS WITH EITHER BUT ONLY MANAGE TO SHOOT 12-13 PER SECOND. IF YOU'RE REALLY FAST GET AN EYE OR A HALO. I DO THINK THE IMPULSE IS GOD WHEN IT COMES TO PRICE. THEY SHOOT ABOUT THE SAME, WHICH IS FUNNY CONSIDERING THAT AN E-COCKER 3-4 TIMES AS MUCH. ELECTRONICS ARE FUN FUN FUN........, A STOCK COCKER CAN NEVER BE AS MUCH FUN TO SHOOT.

Marspet

Apr 3, 2002
Norway
Visit site
electro

An impulse is a lot easier to shoot fast than a non-electro cocker. A lighter and shorter triggerpull makes shooting straight 'n fast a blast. A racegungrip is very fast, maybe even easier to shoot fast than the Impy. Still the price is hard to accept.

I have an impulse myself and I love it.It's accurate enough.Anyway..I though accuracy was generally down to paint and barrel matching.How much difference is there between a cocker/impulse when shooting good paint and using the same barrel..ie a boomstick or a freak system?

Marspet

Apr 3, 2002
Norway
Visit site
NOT THAT MUCH...

The Impulse is accurate, but at ranges of 40yards or more a good cocker, shocker with same paint and barrel is somewhat more accurate and will have fewer off shots. The difference can be questioned, but barrell and marker tests done at our local store have shown so. The Impulse have a tendency to have slightly wider spread than the two mentioned. I use my Impy all the time over my cocker, because it is much more quiet. But I sort of like the flight of balls from the cocker a little more. I'm not too big a fan of saying all guns shoot the same. This is not true.

A cheap gun will in many cases chrono more unevenly than a highend one. This results in reduced accuracy for sure since you rely on constant range when firing. My Impulse is very good in this category. I'm not sure how much the fullflow and solenoidoptmizer affect this, but it should be very good out of the box.

The Precision in the making og the gun will affect precision. For instance the bolt in the Impulse matches perfectly, so perfect that a little too much Superlube will slow down an negatively affect the cycle. This is not true for a Spyder.

Another important aspect of shooting consistent is how good you're marker is on the balls. Low pressure, careful cycle will affect the projectile in keeping its shape. A closed bolt mode sort of falls into this category aswell. It might also affect the consistency of the position the ball has to bolt when propelled.

The Excalibur and Shocker are markers that incorporate both the closed bolt and extremely low pressure and have very good accuracy at the longer ranges. Personally I'm a big fan of low pressure because of the noise issue. But with a bad paint to barrel match I think it might generate more unwanted spin as in air blasting past the ball. This will be tryed out in the near future, as of now it's in "hypothesia". Well enjoy your Impulse it's highend and shoots great with a triggerjob. Feel free to mail me at torkjr@start.no if you have questions or tips about the Impy.