Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter-university Paintball Tournament

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Well I'm pritty sure Teesside can put a team in ;)

Damm it was cold last year, even had to leave our tent to de-frost outside of the big white marque on the morning of STC :rolleyes:. (Yes that was my tent;))

Theldren

Oct 6, 2002
UK
Actually the tent was Amy's, but we all slept in the tent that night !! All 5 of us, and we were still cold ...

I remember the morning so well...

*Beepbeep- Alarm clock* errr ... hmmm .... Goldy ... Get up and make me a hot drink... a few mins later ... "Bloody hell, the water's frozen !!" .... not only that the steam from the small lake not so far away was about 20 feet high !!!

man it was damn cold !

but lots of fun :)

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Sound like you had a real laugh at last years event. It would be great if we can sort something out for this autumn, (Hopefully before it gets too cold!) Even if we can't get busa this year it would be good to keep it going and it would give us a chance to get together and some sort of inter university paintball association/federation.

Flash - what uni u from, and this web site can you post the address so we can check it out.

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
What's al this cold business from last years Inter-Uni? :confused:

Oh, maybe we (Portsmouth) missed out on that, cos we stayed n the bar till they were physically chucking us out at around midnight :D :p

(oh yeah, and if anyone's tried to PM me for the address of my concept site for the uni paintbal thing, I've just emptied my PM box, oops - had forgotten about all those old messages)

Old business

Well, it shoudl have been. But we were all too tired (coz u lot kept us up!) and it was too darn cold. So it never happened. I think the chances of anyone getting all the paitnballing students together at anyone time (except for a tourney) is next to none.

I propose that a graduate is appointed "Clerk" of the "United Kingdon Student Paintball Association" and it is then his or her responsibility to organise student officers etc to take on the more usual roles such as "President" "Sec" etc. Between these people, liasing with the UKPSF they organise things to do with Students and Paintball.

I suggest that most of the existence of this body be via e-mail due to the spread out nature of the association, perhaps with an AGM at the Campaign Cup.

What do you think?

I, as I have said, volunteer. I also Propose Matt (Flash) on the grounds that he has been arround Student paintball as long as anyone (except Hotpoint) can rember.

I have a number of contact details for students, but a post here can throw up more.

Richard

Chairman

Well my proposition is that the Clerk or Chair or whatever has very little actual power, but is simply there as some form of continuity becuase students change so often.

Chiarman it is (as far as I am concerned).

I propose that that Chairman be repsonible to an exec consiting of President, Secretary and 3rd member. And that they Chair, after the first exec is elected, is reponsible to this exec and may be (on a unanimous vote) replaced at any time.

So, Matt, do you want the job? Please would an actual student accept one of us (or somebody else) so we can actually get the organisation kick-started.

Richard

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Chairman

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
I propose that that Chairman be repsonible to an exec consiting of President, Secretary and 3rd member. And that they Chair, after the first exec is elected, is reponsible to this exec and may be (on a unanimous vote) replaced at any time.
I think the NCPA have a president (Chris) as a long standing member, and a committee headed by a chairman and some others who are still students. Is that right Chris?

My suggestion is that the exec should all be the heads (President, chair, captain etc) of there uni's paintball club. And, once a year at an inter-uni tourney all the Club chairs should meet to vote on any major decisions.
The rest of the year the exec could run the Association.

As I’ve said, if we can arrange a small tourney this year with the 8 or so uni's and the gratuates that are talking about this,we will have a chance to get together and sort out a president, committee and decide what we want the association to do.

What does every one think, meet up for a tourney and sort out an association then?