Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter University Tourney.

Ran

University Barbarians
Dec 26, 2005
Bristol
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Steve's statement made it pretty clear what he thinks. Do you make money out of the inter uni using Tomohawk as well Ran??

jim x
I think he made it clear that he was slightly miffed at the paint quality at Snetterton (due to unforseen weather conditions) and as such suggested that Warped paint might be better than the Proto which we used. He said nothing of using Tomohawk at D7's, seeing as Draxxus is available on site.

I think the only people who make money out of the inter-uni using Tomohawk would be Warped Paintball and I can guarantee that neither myself or Steve would see a penny of any money going to them.

I am not sure exactly where you have got these ideas from or if you are just trying to stir up some mischief but there are the facts. Round 3 is at Snetterton, rounds 1 and 2 at D7's. Round 3 is where we are thinking about using Tomohawk, 1 and 2 we shall be using Draxxus.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Jumbaleo - not come across you before, and the first impression i've got is that you're a muppet.

We held the pre-season friendly at the outstanding new site at snetterton. Despite having a great day, we fed back to the site that we would prefer a different paint for the next round as the proto turned out not to be entirely suitable to the winter weather. They had no problem with this abd asked if we had a preference. I've used tomahawk a fair bit before and never had problems with it, and i've always found jim to be a good supplier so recommended him to them.

None of this has anything to do with Rekka, the Dartford site, or Draxus. I am very greatful to Dave for having been so accomodating and look forward to finally getting to visit his site tomorrow as i have heard good things about it for several years now.

And by the way, I'm not really explaining this for your benefit, i just don't want to make the mistake of anyone thinking you were talking anything other than sh!t.

...Maybe your making some extra money out of using Tomohawk through Warped??...
And by the way when you abreviate 'you are' it goes to 'you're' and 'your'.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Bunka Monky said:
Also mate weve done you a right favour letting you have that CPL field more out of respect for dave than you guys as youve ****ed us right about. I dont think a public thank you would go too amiss, looking forward to the post!
Whilst it is not normal to post up the content of a PM, in this case the sender requested that the response be public so i thought the contents of the PM would be needed to provide the context of my response.

Firstly let me apologize for the delay in replying. I only received the PM yesterday and had other things to sort out. But to the issues raised:

I did thank you over the phone at the time... but through gritted teeth, and only for the sake of diplomacy. But now you want a public thank you, because you claim we have ****ed you right about, and you've done us a right favour. Well I see it slightly differently and I'm not feeling quite so diplomatic this afternoon.

Back at the inception of the league, you were acting as one of the hosts of the 4 rounds. This would involve finding a suitable local site, perhaps providing a few people to lend a hand on the day, and maybe holding a after party at your SU afterwards. And you made a booking on the behalf of the league for round 2.

Now here is where the ****ing comes in. You decided to take that booking and use it to run your own event (which by the way cost nearly twice as much per team and didn't have independent refs - a nice little money spinner) OK, i have nothing against you running an event. But the booking you made was for the university league, jumping ship, stabbing us all in the back and pinching it really ****ed us around.

And with regards to doing us a right favour, if anything things have been redressed, rather than any favours being done. With the exception of Rekka, who has done us all a huge favour by putting up with all this bull****, and being so accommodating.

So no, there won't be a public thank you for you.
haha little bit of respect goes a long way steve,
A little integrity goes a long way to earning some respect. And if that is what you would like to do I am prepared to put this in the past.

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
Ahh dont worry Steve I’m used to the lateness of you replies seen as i booked the venue then waited about 9 weeks for a reply from you saying whether you still needed it or not?

We hadn't a clue whether the league was still going ahead seen as you decided to fall off the face of the earth for a good two months, so yeh we went ahead and organised our own event and by the time you eventually pulled your head out of your ass proceedings were all ready well in place.

At which point we offered first, refusal to you guys as the money you would of saved with the PA ref's not coming down would of pretty much cancelled out the difference in price.

Anyway I see were not gonna see eye to eye on this one and thats fair enough, but you guys would of struggled trying to run a X-Ball format on the dye field so we have done you a favour whether you want to admit it or not you ungrateful muppet.

Were call it a day there shall we steven? Have a good event guys good luck to all the teams concerned.

Dan

mikedbrionne

Jan 12, 2006
Visit site
It seems to me you are only telling half truths here. If we are going to make things public then lets make the whole thing public.

We booked the site at dartford for you, which i payed for with my own money. This was a favour for you guys.

We then tried to reach you, and people you had put in charge due to your circumstances at the time, for many months. Phoning, pm'ing etc. We had no reply and the university league forums went dead for a good two months.

We took this, in hinesight incorrectly, as reason to believe the league would not be happening this year. So we then took the site that we booked and decided, after a couple of meetings, to run an event anyway, so as not to mess dave around.

The next thing we know, the forums pipe up and you and your organisation start advertising the dartford event as your own, with no contact between us and you, well after we had already started advertising our own event.

We contacted Dave and it became apparent you had phoned him behind our backs and 'stole' the field we had booked. Dave seemed to think you were one of us and just understood you to be confirming things.

Dave got back in touch with us, after telling you we had the CPL field booked, and said you were giving him some agro about wanting the CPL field.

So we decided, as a good will gesture, to give you the field, which we didn't have to do.

The thanks you are referring to on the phone was a quick "oh, cheers", like you expected to be given the CPL field anyway and we were just an inconvenience. This was not the sort of thankyou we were looking for.

We gave you that field out of attempting good relations, as you seemed to have a big issue with the dye field and wanted the CPL field. We thought it to be a favour for you from us. Effectively an olive branch. Does it hurt to say on the forums, "We now have the CPL field confirmed thanks to portsmouth uni."? thats all we were asking for, just a little bit of recognition as you have seemed to gave us none whatsoever so far.

When it first became apparent the league was still going ahead, after we had organised our event, we bent over backwards to try and still accomodate you.

We offered you about 3 different ways in which we could try and sort the mess out. You wanted none of it and broke down relations/communication with us, and went and did your own thing.

You seemed to have turned your back on us a long time ago, so i expected little more than snide comments and witty comebacks in your post replies.

Fact is, although they make you look very very funny, and give you something to talk about with the lads down the local on long cold winter nights, they do little to sorting this mess out for us.

Anyway, as Dan said, lets leave it there shall we guys.

Have a good event guys.

Mike