Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion - Good air and hopper?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
What does the term 'recharge rate' mean?
The time it takes the tank to fill the reg up to pressure. Some regs have better recharge than others. The best preset is a crossfire, i use a Low pressure (450psi output high pressure is 800-850psi) crossfire as i can use it on my LP angel and on my ego.

but a PMI HP preset will sort you out a treat. Personaly speaking i wouldn't buy an egg. out of the 5 used by various team mates they have all broken down at some point and 3 of them are totaly dead. I've used my reloader B (bought new last summer) for about 14 months now and it has never let me down.

Honestly just for recball i'd use a revvy over the egg any day. Look better, old skool, reliable as hell and feed fast enough. A good one would cost around a £10. As your not putting silly amounts into upping your ion and won't need to put down lazers during games then its cheap good and leaves you a few ££ for a good light airtank.

I'd recommend slothball.com for tha air tank. They have the new PMI ones that can be used in the states and the UK. Thtas also a bonus if you ever come to sell it.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
No its not...Got a paddle just like the Halo.

http://www.paintballclub.cz/obr/evoIIi.jpg
yes it may, but it does NOT exact force on the ball stack. If the eye is not broken the paddle spins to fill the raceway with balls. It's a reactive system that just feeds the balls. Unlike the Halo which applies a constant pressure on the ball stack via the spring loaded drive cone. Therefore in a halo the main drive when shooting a short burst is the pro-active spring loaded cone, then the motor re-tensions the spring when triggered by sound or the eye.

The VLocity on the other hand does apply a constant motorised drive to the ball stack (of varying levels) therefore is force fed

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Full description and air system question

Sorry guys, but my lack of experience and knowledge is showing again. You talked about a revvy hopper. Could you give me a full description so I know which one it is when I shop for it?

For a tenner or so I would give this a go to see if it is worth it, rather than spend £60+ on one of the more advanced ones. (one step at a time?)

Ta..

Also, I'm getting the impression that an air system consists of two parts: The tank and the regulator, where the regulator, 'regulates' the output pressure to the marker, regardless of the tank pressure.

I think Bob and others have answered my main question. I think for my Ion and Rec-ball use a 1.1L 3000psi tank with a low pressure regulator would suit my needs. Coupled of course with an on-off to reduce wear on the air system to marker conection.

I'm curious however, along these lines at a certain regulator output pressure an Ion would shoot at so many balls per sec without degradation of the recharge. I'm told if you are good you can achieve 6bps(?) with an Ion on semi, but would the above air system cope with that rate of fire? Is their a noted maximum fire rate before recharge is compromised on a HP and LP regulator?

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
I don't think you should worry with what the air system can output :) I've got a 0.8l 3000psi tank on my Ion and outputting 17 balls per second isn't a problem. Also, 6bps is pretty slow really - Should be able to achieve more than that with some practice at walking the trigger.

Yeah revvy is the Viewloader Revolution, whereas the 'Egg' is the Viewloader Evolution II.

Damn, looks like I've ended up back in this thread :)

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
Z-board eggs are nice, really nice.

I love my old revvi, i still believe that if they could feed fast enough they would kill the market for all other hopper, they're lighter than anything, hold 200 balls and are durable (as long as u don't get the acrylic shells and lid, then their fragile). The problem is that your ion will have ramping on the board which means that 15bps is available to anyone who cares to turn it on. Even on semi its really quiet easy to leave a revvi lacking