Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion Goods and Bads

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
If you class shockers as mid range markers...and ions as low end markers...You got somthing ticking too loud in your head...Shockers easily high end...Ions mid range
Low range is the likes of spyder's and mechs

There is no scum..If it shoots paint at over 250fps and under 300fps its low end :)
the list was price wise

only real diff from mid to high is the price and extras

pl shockers are mad

standard shocker can be made to be mad its not a slur on them to be with a pm6

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
How can the price of a marker define how good it is ? I'm going to draw a marker on paper and sell it for £10,000. Ultra-Top-End ? :rolleyes:

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
It takes 1 paintbll, nuff said

There are features on guns, barrels which make it more accurate, but at the end of the day its the stuff which separates the £150 guns from the £700+ guns. Kick, efficiency, speed, wieght,height, comfort.

Take my Naughty Dogs shocker, has a 06 freak barrel, fires 20 + bps, HE bolt, stock dovetail and 4 point adjustable trigger, great reg and eye system with ergonomic grip frame, bolt out the back and easy removable detents.

Stock ION has poor eficiency, ok barrel, soft detents, platic parts including trigger, a physical MOF of around 24 BPS due to the solenoid.

Does it mean i destroy all, NO. I have been lit up by IONs b4.

If you are going to buy an ION to upgrade, remember that you can do it in stages and it isnt that pricey untill you start buying massive modifications. If you get a top end gun like and EGO or Shocker, you open the box, put on hopper and gas bottle and start shootin, My mate opened his ION box, shot one ball and both detents flew out.

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
yeh,but to be fair his ION was number 1158, so i think they were still workin out the kinks, also, my Stock ION board blew up, melted a bit and died. Worst thing thats happened to my shocker is not enough lube

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
So why do so many guys buy a crappy hatchback and spend money on air filters, exhausts, alloy wheels, lowering, body kits etc? If you want a car that goes quick, buy a quick car to start with. (see where this is going)

I like to tinker. My ion was nasty when i bought it, i regretted it for a few months. Then i got a alu body kit cheap and twist lock feed neck. Suddenly it looked better and the hopper stayed on. Then came.... (well, i'm sure u can work it out) Some things worked, some didn't, but its been fun finding out.

So, how many guys on here with 'top end guns' have added performance mods to their car, moped or penis? Why? (Think back to Gran Turismo etc if you don't own any of the aforementioned)

But i gotta say. There's somethings money can't buy, like a reliable gun from smart parts (but for everything else there's)

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
Have to agree its excellent if you want to tinker and mod
you cant fault it on that at all

Skeet

Platinum Member
also shockers arent really field stripable either are they?

-Mat
Course they are...I've stripped a few Shockers in fields...you can get to all the juicy parts quite rapidly should teh need arise...of course, I was usually drunk on Cider and the cackle of my mates in the background probably didnt help...it's not until teh next day that you find out that it was a shocker you were stripping and not teh model you thought it was...but there you go, that's what youth is all about:D

If we are all honest and ignore the fact that some of us dont like SP, there are a few home truths that we need to realise about the Ion:

1) It's dirt cheap.

2) Despite being dirt cheap, it isnt and Inferno, Spyder or other such marker.

3) It will allow you to compete on a field with guys shooting markers worth 10 times as much.

4) It's not really any harder to service than many other markers, including its big brother, teh fat ugly desperate girl with vomit on her t!ts.

5) It's light and looks ok.

6) It can be upgraded to teh point where only 1 or 2 of its original parts remain, should you so wish and teh performance gains that implies.

7) It has one of the highest flowing regulators of any marker, anywhere.

It's popular for a reason and that reason is, it's does the job it is intended for..not just to get you on teh field shooting paint, but to do it just as well as teh big boys, for much, much less.

I want one as a second marker, come backup marker, come project marker and I shoot a Custom XSV Ego...so draw from that what you will.

WGP4Life

Banned
Jul 18, 2005
Hertfordshire
It takes 1 paintbll, nuff said

There are features on guns, barrels which make it more accurate, but at the end of the day its the stuff which separates the £150 guns from the £700+ guns. Kick, efficiency, speed, wieght,height, comfort.

Take my Naughty Dogs shocker, has a 06 freak barrel, fires 20 + bps, HE bolt, stock dovetail and 4 point adjustable trigger, great reg and eye system with ergonomic grip frame, bolt out the back and easy removable detents.

Stock ION has poor eficiency, ok barrel, soft detents, platic parts including trigger, a physical MOF of around 24 BPS due to the solenoid.

Does it mean i destroy all, NO. I have been lit up by IONs b4.

If you are going to buy an ION to upgrade, remember that you can do it in stages and it isnt that pricey untill you start buying massive modifications. If you get a top end gun like and EGO or Shocker, you open the box, put on hopper and gas bottle and start shootin, My mate opened his ION box, shot one ball and both detents flew out.
Sorry but thats totally idiotic.

If I gave you one paintball and I used a hopper full I would win every round we played.