Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is 24 too old?

scapegoat308

newbie like hell
Jan 9, 2010
Shropshire, UK
Hey all.
I am nearly 24 and have found myself somewhat infatuated with the sport of paintballing all of a sudden. But I do know that it is a hugely expensive hobby to get into.
So I would like to know, is 24 a little too late to join the party, or has the party even passed me by? If not, what sort of paintball fields are great for beginners that want to use their own equipment/paint.

I live in Shropshire an am able to travel a reasonable distance providing the area I would be going would be worth while.

Sorry for such a long 'first' post and asking so much, but I really am fairly clueless here.
Many thanks in advance.
Sam

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Welcome to the forums,

24?! There's a guy who plays down at NPF in Bassetts Pole and whilst not giving away his exact age......let's just say he's past his retirement.

Many sites allow the use of your own equipment on what are known as 'walkon days'. Have a look around here and you'll see many of them advertising their events for own gunners like yourself.

Where about in Shropshire are you from? Moreover, are you looking to play woodsball or sup'air?

Ainsley

scapegoat308

newbie like hell
Jan 9, 2010
Shropshire, UK
Wow, cheers for the replies guys, it's just everywhere you look it is all 13-19 year olds and I didn't want to look like a bit of an idiot hanging around with a bunch of little kids :)

TBH I'm not really sure what I would rather play yet, have only been the once and enjoyed the hell out of it but that was just a day out with work.

I suppose Sup'air would be more my thing in the long run as that looks a lot more competitive and more fun.

I live in Market Drayton which is smack in between Shrewsbury and Stoke-on-Trent, also only about an hour or so from outer Manchester, so I do have a good few places to choose from, right?

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Well buddy, I'm just down the road from you really. If you ever fancy a game with us, take a look at our website and give me a shout if you fancy it.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
At 24, your only a toddler, im double that age , but always like to think im still 18 when running around the field.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I'm 33, and far from the oldest player about (even if I have got ten years on the rest of my teamates!). Andy beard from Campaign is reputedly 104 and still a very handy player....