Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is 24 too old?

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
well im 40 next month, and there are still good players older than me ;)
I agree with Lump, as im 41/ 42 this year and can still mix it up with the youngsters and come out on top..

So your still a baby in the sport to me, give it a go and have fun,, try a few Koth events, if you then enjoy them try and get into a team.

Just remember this though, its about having fun.. so try not to get drawn into all the polotics and enjoy the sport..

gadge

Team Kinetic
Sep 7, 2005
Tidworth/Leicester/Exeter
Untill recently when we had a few players join to form our 2nd squad our team average age was 43!

And were still loving every min of this great sport. However we do have to carry a bag of pain relief for our Div 2 exploits lol

I started playing at the age of 12 and im 35 this year and ill keep going until I cant find a bunker to get my zimmer frame in!

Must admit though getting into the 50 requires a little more thought now than it did 10 years ago.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
hey. Welcome to the forums. Am also 24 and newish to the sport. Been about 9 months and enjoyed them all. Its well worth getting into. Does cost alot to start with but once your in you can learn the daily costs and budget accordingly. Finding a team and learning the ways isn't easy but show them your willing and an sure one will let you in. Good luck and have fun

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
Hello mate, welcome to the forums, and the sport :)

I'm only 15, so can't really say much on the age side of things, but I noticed that you said you need a lot of money to start?

In my opinion, to put it straight, you couldn't be more wrong :p

You can EASILY get yourself a 'starter kit' inc an electric marker and electric hopper for less than £200, maybe less than £170.

Well, thats still quite a bit of cash, but probably not as much as you thought :p

My first kit set up (mech) cost me £70, but now, my elec kit only cost me £200 give or take £50, but that was because I paid 'top prices' :p Cause I wanted my kit quickly... But if I bartered a bit I could have probably got that down to £150 easily mate.

Hmm, seemed to drag what I thought would have been a short reply into a nice read :p

Hope I helped, and again... Welcome to the forums and the sport :D

Steve@Warped

WWW.WARPEDONLINE.COM
Mar 26, 2007
Warped sports
Hey all.
I am nearly 24 and have found myself somewhat infatuated with the sport of paintballing all of a sudden. But I do know that it is a hugely expensive hobby to get into.
So I would like to know, is 24 a little too late to join the party, or has the party even passed me by? If not, what sort of paintball fields are great for beginners that want to use their own equipment/paint.

I live in Shropshire an am able to travel a reasonable distance providing the area I would be going would be worth while.

Sorry for such a long 'first' post and asking so much, but I really am fairly clueless here.
Many thanks in advance.
Sam

Hi buddy,

If you need any advice on equipment or anything else to do with paintball, We have a fully stocked paintball store not to far from you, in wolverhampton check our online store WWW.WARPEDONLINE.COM or
come and see us for yourself.

Warped Gear
unit 7 chancel ind estate
off hickman avenue
wolverhampton
west midlands
wv1 2uh

We also have a club at our site and theres always loads going on, We also have a couple of teams if you want to get into the tournament side of things.

Cheers

Steve :)

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Well i'll be 30 in march and i play with 50 + year olds sometimes so age is no limit. The 50 year olds are just nutters

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
I know that when I am too old to play I will also not be able to leave my bed. If possible, an electric wheelchair paintball tank. Anything to get back in the game :)

timmyh007

I think we need a bigger boat
Aug 25, 2008
Bath
Im 35 next month dude and cant get enough of it. Most of the guys I play with are well into their 30's and 40 's...age is not the issue...it s how much money you can spend without the missus knowing.
My wife still thinks that a brand new Ego costs £150 lol