Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball a sport

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Ok apart from the spelling competition taking place i would like to add that i believe paintball, like inline skating or skateboarding, is an extreme sport. Its deffinately a sport but should be classified as an extreme sport and instead of thinking (as stated above i believe) about the olympics we should have our goal as the X-games.......anyone agree ? :)
I think of it as an extreme sport, but I don't believe the X-games or the Olympics are the right place for PB.

karseras69

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Canterbury, Kent
i agree with you and i think we have it golden with our own tournaments and series.
i was just saying from a realistic point of view, the olympics aint ever gonna happen

reload77

gun up and push
Dec 14, 2008
hull,uk
as any other sport it takes skill, agility etc to compete at the highest levels of each.. same with paintball, if you want to play the highest divs or go pro you NEED to be an athlete..how can it be not considered as a sport since you need to acquire the abilities of a sportsman ? aint talking about play-play with your friends or a weekend of paintball, i'm talking about taking it seriously..

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
In my opinon i class paintball as a sport. It has nearly every aspect as some of the other sports such as :

Football :Running and sliding you sometimes have to do :)

Rugby the diving part

And sometimes jumping you may need for over the snake.

The goverment or whoever runs the sports in the UK needs to look at this paintball and give it what they think.

*dextrus*

Duncan Berry

London Tigers 2
May 27, 2008
Cambridge
i agree with you and i think we have it golden with our own tournaments and series.
i was just saying from a realistic point of view, the olympics aint ever gonna happen
guys dont get to hung up on the fact i posted Olympics, it was just an example of a major event and it was the first to pop into my head:D

as for X-games, i pretty sure none of the sports in the event are "officially recognised sports" and so it would purely be down to the promoter if they wanted it or not.

i think a gobal tourny series would be interesting to see, sort like the world cup event in football (but not limited to 1 team per country). have groups then the winners of each group go through. so for example group A could have Ironmen, Nexus, Ton Tons, Bullets Group B could have Dynasty, Joy, Icon, etc etc.

just a thought;)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Guys, you can categorize us in whatever box you wanna, it could be as a full blown sport or even the using the most convenient of tags, Extreme Sports ..... the bottom line is this, you guys can call it what you like, you can argue and debate all you like as to what you think paintball should be categorized as, it's actually got nothing to do with what we think at all; what we think is completely academic ..... what matters is, the people who run our sporting organizations have yet to be convinced, and understandably so coz we are a frikkin shambles.

And those guys will NEVER regard us, or sanction us as a sport until we get our asses sorted, and that is what is in progress at the moment with this UPBF which is basically a new world order which we are working on now with the UKPSF and this new board.

The lead time on this ain't gonna be soon, in fact I reckon come back and look at us in 5 years maybes and we MAY be in a position to put forward a case for consideration, this is the stark reality of what's going down guys.

Duncan Berry

London Tigers 2
May 27, 2008
Cambridge
robbo your completely right we as a sport have taken the first step of a marathon.

i think the main problem is gonna be getting everyone singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak, we have so many variations in this sport.