Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too cheap?

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
You can never criticise a player whose eyes aren't bigger than their wallets, regardless of age. I stick purely to recball because that's all I can afford to play - I play when I get the money and I enjoy it, that doesn't mean that a marker should be out of the realms of affordability for me.

I don't go for team tryouts and I don't enter tournaments because I know it's beyond what I can commit to. I'd never expect sponsorship and I'd never expect anyone to pay my way. When I DO get more of an income, I will play at a more serious level. I'm the future of paintball? Maybe.
:)

You have a problem with attitudes, not age nor expense. Don't lump us cheap young'uns together just because you've come across a 14 year old with no money and a bad attitude.
:D

Is paintball too cheap? No. Are you letting people go for a higher level than they can play at? Seems it, judging from some of the posts in this thread.

Mudafunka

Apr 26, 2008
South Wales
Load of crap, profit on a high end gun is no more than £200 IF you sell it for full retail. C'mon, who pays full whack these days really???

Find the right people. You shouldn't need to cover anyone's costs, you play as a team you pay as a team. Most of your squad young guys? A squad full of guys who have disposable income is what you need if you want to concentrate on playing and not who can afford to make it this time.
SORRY Dusty completley missed this. Mixed team old and new i'd be one of the young guys(as in exp wise) @ 35 with 2 yrs under my belt with a disposable income. Have the young pups also. But the older guys put in a lot more effort bar a few.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
SORRY Dusty completley missed this. Mixed team old and new i'd be one of the young guys(as in exp wise) @ 35 with 2 yrs under my belt with a disposable income. Have the young pups also. But the older guys put in a lot more effort bar a few.
Seems like you need more of yourself.

Experience anyone can get so don't let yourself think you are a new guy, having the money to be able to get that experience is something else entirely.

M 818

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chelmsford
whats the point in this thread anyway, Do you want to get the manufactures to put the prices up or something?

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i think i agree with dusty partially, i think the tournie scene requires new players coming through kids students adults anybody thats willing to train listen and learn is a benefit to the sport even if they become averages players at a average level, but on the other hand i agree we defo do not need people with attitude problems demanding sponsorship etc and thinking paintball owes them something,

to be honest i first picked a marker up 18months ago, played my first tourny a year ago in april, and have spent a wad of money pot bitched trained and worked my socks off to get the chances in paintball i have started to get this year! playing mills etc, people that no me can vouch that i train really hard listen to peoples opinions and really want to make a career for myself in paintball, im 26 this may, and what i wished i had picked this sport up at say18/19 althoough my funds wouldnt really of allowed it,

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
i think i agree with dusty partially, i think the tournie scene requires new players coming through kids students adults anybody thats willing to train listen and learn is a benefit to the sport even if they become averages players at a average level, but on the other hand i agree we defo do not need people with attitude problems demanding sponsorship etc and thinking paintball owes them something,

to be honest i first picked a marker up 18months ago, played my first tourny a year ago in april, and have spent a wad of money pot bitched trained and worked my socks off to get the chances in paintball i have started to get this year! playing mills etc, people that no me can vouch that i train really hard listen to peoples opinions and really want to make a career for myself in paintball, im 26 this may, and what i wished i had picked this sport up at say18/19 althoough my funds wouldnt really of allowed it,
i can deffinatly vouch for chris on this one, hes out there every single weekend trainin his socks off.....what more could you ask for :)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
hence, many of those £300ers will feel it a lot more and need to get out and recoup some of their losses in a fairly short time.
after spending a few hundred in recent months, getting things i'd really like to be able to play with i'm really feeling the squeeze. this took a few months of saving up the wages and tips from my part time job and i dont regret buying my stuff, this is a passion of mine so that doesnt bother me.

However as a full time student only able to work weekends, money is a little hard to come buy for spending £400+ on paintball gear.