Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Tyger Tyger

Originally posted by Robbo
'Beast with two backs' ???
I have yet to fathom its meaning.
**smacks self**

I thought you had culture.

Billy Shakespeare? a quote from Othello? A quite baudy refrence to having sex?

IAGO.
Zounds, sir, you are one of those that will not serve
God if the devil bid you. Because we come to do you service, and
you think we are ruffians, you'll have your daughter covered with
a Barbary horse; you'll have your nephews neigh to you; you'll
have coursers for cousins and gennets for germans.

BRABANTIO.
What profane wretch art thou?

IAGO.
I am one, sir, that comes to tell you your daughter and the
Moor are now making the beast with two backs.

BRABANTIO.
Thou are a villain.

IAGO.
You are--a senator.

I say it becasue I heard a quite factual rumor that you spent a night before a tournament "training" an all female team at some undisclosed location...

Sheesh! Don't make me use kids show refrences! I'll have your head spinning asking "Who the hell is Snuffalupagus?" and "Who is Jennifer of hte Jungle?"

-Tyg (Into Billy Shakes, I love my willy!)

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
tyger

most brits were real happy that the yanks took so well to shakespear, most brits think its well dated, hard to interperate ****e.
we no longer force feed this kind of rubish to our kids.
this is probably because we have plenty of other heratage to pass on to our off spring. we all know theyanks have non of thier own so therefor have to force feed thier children some other kind of dated theatrical trash.
its not just robbo, most people in the uk would have had no idea what you were waffeling on about.

Problem

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words, it is war minus the shooting." Orwell, a half century before our sport was invented

I didn't know the two backs thing either and would've (wrongly) guessed it was Falstaff's line.

And I like poodles, but in a masculine way.
Larry

One of the funniest things I ever read was in an old mag from back in the day, maybe PGI, maybe one of the others, to paraquote..."And then a game of Paintball broke out, interrupting a perfectly good fight between Nam Wreckin' Crew and..."

Paintball didn't used to be paintball without someone breaking heads, specially in the UK. Specially when NWC were playing. Specially when Robbo was playing for em.

Now it's all good karma, hygenic bonhommie...must be the proliferation of fine chronic rather than speed cut with arsenic...

I myself do not advocate violence or drugs - no crazy-ass Zen Kendo warrior in there right mind does - but I do wonder who is the baddest team on the circuit at the moment when it comes down to opening a kegger of cold filtered whup ass.

My money'd be on the All Americans...those mormon boys been picked on all their lives and must've got tuff young to take the beatings and bullyings.

Peace.

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
Thanks Manning...

Manning said:
>>>>"Hey Justin, the poodles thing was freakin' classic."<<<<

Thanks, my friend. I only wish I could have been the one that wrote it...but remember, Pete's been hijacking my profile a lot lately.
;)

Larry/Problem said:
>>>>"And I like poodles, but in a masculine way."<<<<

And I like oxymorons, such as this wonderful example you've given us.
:p

Lotsa love to all...
~J~

Problem

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
Not an oxymoron

... but a juxtaposed metaphor.

As for the oxymoron, I resemble that remark? (That didn't work.)

I believe the "and a game broke out" might have first been used in my first love, hockey (as in "there was this huge fight and then a hockey game broke out") but I may be wrong.

When I logged on, I saw a thread that had identified me as a character from the Winnie the Pooh books. I'm on my way to check it out,

Larry