Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Joy Masters field design...

mark.winwood

Aug 3, 2002
Visit site
agree with scutty the fields at Toulouse particuly the 2 the finals were played on were great and made for some excelent ball.Was not in Sweden but why try and fix something that aint brocken i hope Nial isnt thinking of changing field design at Campaign

TJ

Come on mate, the day you are right about anything will be the day Nick LB doesn't have an opinion on every subject under the sun, Pete suddenly sees the same thing in the mirror that the rest of us have to look at, Toye realises that Just for Men 402 (Old Greying Git) isn't his colour and Nick Truter grasps the difference between a poodle parlour and a barbers.

:D :cool: :D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
LMAO! Nice one Scutty!

Originally posted by ascutt
Come on mate, the day you are right about anything will be the day Nick LB doesn't have an opinion on every subject under the sun, Pete suddenly sees the same thing in the mirror that the rest of us have to look at, Toye realises that Just for Men 402 (Old Greying Git) isn't his colour and Nick Truter grasps the difference between a poodle parlour and a barbers.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's one of the funniest things I've read in ages!

manike

rick nash

Sep 13, 2001
Visit site
Goose you sound like a very inteligent guy i dont think i would love to have a league for all us no pro teams and over 35s so you so called pros could go and play on your own but have you stopped to think how much this would cost you without us . We so called over the hill guys buy the goods so pro some teams can get the free goodies if we dont buy you dont get so please go and play on your own and see how long your SPORT lasts.
Ricky Nash Team Kool Running over 35 novice and a back player. :)

Rick...

... don't really know where you are going with post but let me clear up some things.

1) READ MY POSTS - I never once said that the sport didn't nedd over the hill/just for fun/love of the game players. In fact I seem to think that I have said just the opposite - that such teams are more than welcomed at the major tournies. I know that there are not enough "so called pro teams" to run a 150 team event such as Campaign. If I have given that impression - I'm sorry but it wasn't the meaning, I hope this clears that up.

2) I have said that MAYBE it would be better at these tournaments, that as you call them "the so called pro teams" - and by this I mean any one who plays the sport to it's highest level possible, play in their own division. I don't see how anyone could find this objectable - it would end the problem of teams being rolled in 40 seconds, it would give "lesser" teams a better games against equal level opponents, and it would give - as Jeff says - more value for the money.

3) If the sport ever progresses to the level where there is a clear pro level and "old timers" league, would you stop playing? Would you stop buying paint? Would stop buying all the coolest gear? Last time I looked there where millions of people buying Manchester United shirts, Nike shoes, and all sorts of other merchandise that their favourite players endorse - why would this be any different for us? Hell you go to tournaments now and there are tons of people lining up for either Avalanches or Dynasty's autograph.

Ricky, I am not against "the little guy" or for that fact "the old guy" or even the "fat old guy"(I'm gonna be one pretty soon) - but what I am against is the idea of holding back the progression of the sport based on the desire of some teams to try an compete against other that don't belong at the same level. It's not done in other sports - you don't see Man U. playing against Joes Pub with only 7 players because they are better - why should it be done in ours?

Don't take this as a put down of your team or other Novice teams - it's not - I have always said that the ones who strive to be the best, should not be held back whatever level they play. I just feel that it is time for Pro vs. Pro/Am vs. Am/Novice vs. Novice ONLY. This can all be at the same tournament - in fact I will admit that I do like watching a lot of Novice and Am games and they would be sorely missed.

goose

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Rick...

Originally posted by goose
[BI just feel that it is time for Pro vs. Pro/Am vs. Am/Novice vs. Novice ONLY. This can all be at the same tournament - in fact I will admit that I do like watching a lot of Novice and Am games and they would be sorely missed.

goose [/B]
YES!!!!! Completely agree with you there Goose. The Novice teams that feel they aren't being challenged enough in their divisions should move up to Am, & the Ams that feel that way to Pro. that should keep quiet the lower level teams that ask to play the Pros etc, & mean we get reasonably balanced games all tourney. I can have nearly as much fun watching a club side playing as I can England, though obviously the skill levels are different. I also actually don't enjoy spending a fortune & hours hanging around & getting ready just to have 25 balls shot into my back or head at close range (see the thread about bonus balling) within 1 minute of game on.
I love the adrenaline, the thrill & excitement of playing the big tourneys, so it would be nice if even when the sport gets bigger we can still have mixed level tourments, but I'm quite happy to keep the different levels separate at them.