Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just Paintball Factory Team

Scooterboy

Feb 15, 2004
London
Visit site
Think you'll find that Manc means nothing, Manchester is the town. The rules state that the town must be in the name, Manc is not a town or city.

You and I know that it means Manchester but the general public don't and thats the whole point of the PA League.

Originally posted by Scooterboy
Think you'll find that Manc means nothing, Manchester is the town. The rules state that the town must be in the name, Manc is not a town or city.

You and I know that it means Manchester but the general public don't and thats the whole point of the PA League.
Just to clear this up...officially the teams are registered as:

Manchester - Manc Union & Manchester - Just So Manc

Whatever the teams refer to themselves as for promotional purposes is entirely up to them.

So, no...there are no exceptions but no one is breaking the rules either.

Cheers

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Originally posted by Scooterboy

Manchester is a town is it ???
And don't think that the Public are so dumb!!!
Manc is not only short for Manchester, but also Mancunian - an inhabitant of Manchester - which is where the Manc Union name was derived, I believe. (me a Yorkie Too)
Also if you look at Football a prime example is Wolvehampton Wanderers known to everyone as Wolves

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Id say the Manc crew have gone a step further by adding a 'C' to the end of Man.

Man City
Man U

Im sure you wouldnt struggle to guess which teams im talking about :rolleyes: