Just Paintball Factory Team

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Pinchaaay
I can recognise only one of the names above.... "man utd"

It's a football team right?

..............................but what does the other team play?

;) :D :p

"Pinchaaay!"
at the moment a lot of city fans would ask the same question!

Scooterboy

Feb 15, 2004
London
Visit site
Sorry to have upset everyone but I just thought the idea was to promote paintball to the public.

Man City and Man U are still Manchester City and Manchester United in the pools and on the final scores and that is their official name.

Wolves are still Wolverhampton Wanderers.

So am I to assume that in the write up's and press releases the So Manc teams will be called South Manchester or has their shortened name been allowed by the PA as everyone "must know" where they are from, how stupid of us.

It seems that everyone else has stuck to the rules and used their town or CITY name apart from these guys who appear to think they are bigger than the event itself.

So on the day of the comps will the score board say So Manc or South Manchester when the papers come and photograph it.

And when So Manc win (and they probably will) everyone in the country will know that the Paintball Association League winners are called So Manc. And once again the public will think so what, who are they and where are they from.

The PA League, great idea if everyone sticks to the rules.

In fact no, why not let all the other teams abreviate their names to something that sounds cool and is nearly a city name, that way we can really F..K up the whole idea of the PA League.

All slagging welcome but I thought this was a discussion forum.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Mmmm, was indifferent to this at first but I do think Scooterboy has a valid point.

I think as long as 'officially' the teams are as Hatts posted above there is no problem.

But it will become confusing, epecially for Joe public if the teams are written up as 'Somanc' and 'Mancunion' - if you aren't from the Manchester area I don't think the names are THAT obvious...

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
You know what? no doubt we'll refer to ourselves as Twisted Macc.

This really aint a big deal, I and no-one else seems to have a problem, who are you and which team do you play for?

Paul
:)

hmmm...excuse me while I slip into defensive mode as my paranoia is kicking in again... Scooterboy, I'm wondering if you're as new a member as your tag-line suggests as what I'm getting here is the impression of yet someone else with an agenda looking for yet another angle to have a go at the PA?

Man City and Man U are still Manchester City and Manchester United in the pools and on the final scores and that is their official name.
Discussion forum yes, and all for it, though the point has already been made that in the "official registration" these teams are listed as Manchester and will be referred to as such in any "official" communications the PA has with the media...promotional items are a whole seperate issue. I rather thought I'd made that point clear.

In the "pools" football teams may have their full title printed but when was the last time you ever saw a newspaper headline that read "Wolverhampton Wanderers" & not "Wolves"?

As has been correctly pointed out, this is a discussion forum and not what I consider to be "formal media". It's certainly not the Sports Desk of the Press Association. Therefore if these teams are referred to here as Just So Manc & the Manc Union or indeed, Twisted Macc or Wolves City Union in revered tones across paintball generally I have no issue with it, and as stated they haven't broken any rules.

Is this clear enough? :)

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Hatts you know where I stand with you and the PA so I think Scooterboy was not going at the PA but at the ideas that you have already put into place.

It was more (as i read it) a dig at teams who were making the normal abreviation before people new the name.

I pesonally dont see a prob with them as I know (outside of paintball) that Manc Union is a good play on words to mean someone from manchester.

But I can see his/her there point.

It will be a fine line as on "They Think its All Over" they were reffered to as Manc Union and not as Manchester Union the Pa Cup.;......etc so already the national press and public perception is missing out on the original premise,

I dont really know how to end this so I will stop clear up anything I got myself into later.

Originally posted by Ben Frain
Mmmm, was indifferent to this at first but I do think Scooterboy has a valid point.

I think as long as 'officially' the teams are as Hatts posted above there is no problem.

But it will become confusing, epecially for Joe public if the teams are written up as 'Somanc' and 'Mancunion' - if you aren't from the Manchester area I don't think the names are THAT obvious...
Ben me old cheese, you make a valid point but I suspect these guys are going to be aiming their promotion (and rivalry) specifically at the people of Manchester anyway...as I am sure most teams will do similar by targetting their home town with an image that the people of that town can relate too. I mean, just going back to football for a second and me not being from that part of the world is there a difference between Man City & Man Utd? :D See I'm confused already :)

Heck, Newcastle refer to themselves as "Pride o' the Toon" which means bugger all to anyone outside of the North East but that's all over their shirts and promo stuff...

...and does this means Twisted Macclesfield will become known as "The Macc Lads"?

I just kind of feel that a point is trying to be made where none really exists...