Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Karny Upgrades And Possibilities???

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
hi

so, is there really much that i can slap on/in it to improve it much, it is e2 with full ramping software, i do want to get a drop on it in time, and am planning on changing the feedneck as discussed elsewhere. i also have a new barrell on it and know im getting a blade style trigger at some point too...

so, im wondering whats out there that'll improve it and also, is there any way to put a mini gauge on it somewhere, as, i just want to know what its running at... etc but im sure there could be a way to view it through the board, i just haven't found it yet :(

thanks guys :)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Why do you want a drop forward :confused: :D
Haven't you seen Dynasty Dysected, tsch tsch

get the marker in your right hand and the bottle should be just in line with the crook of your elbow. Rails are goooood; use one to find the right length.
It may feel uncomfortable to start with but the right setup can really improve your snapping, running & shooting etc.

dropforwards move the bottle forward- how do you steady the marker anymore when you shoot, or esp when running?
Don't buy a drop, honest it isnt worth it.

Go with the feedneck, a decent barrel kit and the trigger ;).

I'm not so up on cockers, what's it called, an MQ valve?
-Get one of them.

As for the mini gauge- isn't there a reg you can buy with a gauge built in? Sure I've seen one somewhere...

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
do apologise, by drop i do mean rail, am used to calling the little old s rail on me old ion a drop, as i practically is compared to the stock, takes bout 2" off... :) and no, i actually havent gotten round to borrowing dynasty dysected :(

i have a freak kit on it already, since ive just bought some more inserts and new back for it...

err, no idea on the reg, it is a funny thing the karny's, as it is attached to the frame totally differently to other markers. i havent seen any aftermarket regs that look like they fit it :confused:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Rupe said:
A whole team of cocker techs, these things play up like crazy. But no dont really need any upgrades these things are fine when they work.
Here we go again..........someone else that has never read the manual:(

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
ive read the manual, still it sometimes annoys me :confused: i think its mainly because half the stuff that applies to cockers, doesn't actually apply to karny's unfortunately.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I was in no way mocking you fish.
I'm just fed up with everyone thinking that cockers are unreliable when usually it's because they are set up badly by the user that didn't know what he was doing.
True, they are more complex than the average marker but when set up right they will provide good reliable service, but the fact is that a lot of players don't read the manual and then just start fiddling with settings.
What exactly are you trying to do?
And on the pressure gauge front, is there a small hex grub scew underneath the Karny it the solenoid area?

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
im not sure, let me go and see :)

yeah, it was second hand so ive delayed fiddling too much until i fully understand everything... hence why im asking if there is anything i can upgrade internally to improve efficiency... etc

as i said, i had an ion, so im used to knowing what pressure im operating at, so im just curious and want to know how efficient it is too, as im told when set up right, theyre meant to very good, so was wondering if i need to fiddle with things in order to get them better or not. make any sense??? :confused: