Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Karny Upgrades And Possibilities???

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I assume that your using a HP preset reg, if so then these have an output of around 800-900psi, so dropping the bottle under 1000psi means that you are simply starving the marker of air so it won't work properly:eek:
I'd still try the Halo, just to make sure:cool:

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
well, ive tried it on a mates reloader and i should have mine any day now...

yeah, i do have a hp reg... i had never thought of that before. why have i not had that problem with any other marker, and that just doesn't sound right??? :confused:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
For pressure to move through a reg, there has to be more air in the bottle than the pressure setting of the reg, so if you had 900psi in the bottle and the true reg pressure was 900psi the air simply wouldn't pass thru the reg as you have the same force acting against each other.
If you have 1000psi in the bottle then there is enough pressure to overcome the reg spring but your getting to the point when the reg doesn't know whether to be open or not, hence some air is getting to the gun but not enough to function properly.
Maybe your gauge is out as they are notoriously unreliable?

s1im

ex gwc #21
Oct 23, 2004
essex england
karnies don't really need upgrades the only think i can surguest is an mq valve got one in my e2/turtle/halfblock thing and it works a treat!

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
diablo66 said:
I never claim to be an expert just merely someone who has struggled through the cocker learning curve:eek:
Sorry if my post came off harshly, it wasn't meant to sound as blunt as it came off.

If your cocker is using a lot of air, might need a tuning of springs/board settings. Properly setup, they shouldn't use much more air than your average popit style, ram-operated marker (I don't own an ion, or any other balanced spool valve marker, so I couldn't offer any comparison of average number of shots per fill).

As far as the front reg: like I said, any increase in shot-to-shot consistency, in regards to velocity, shouldn't have anything to do with that. Think about the gas path and the function of the reg, the LPR is simply used to regulate gas from the main gallery to a lower pressure, and from there it gets moved from one side of the ram to the other to operate the back block/bolt assembly. Aside from using more or less gas, depending on being correctly set or not, it shouldn't have any bearing on consistency. Your main reg would be responsible for that, as it supplies and replentishes the gas gallery that gets released when the valve opens, and if it doesn't supply the same amount quickly enough every time, you lose shot-to-shot consistency.

Speaking of which, if the air in your tank drops below the output the tank is set for, it should just bleed out the remaining air at whatever pressure is left in the tank. So if you've got 700 psi left in a 850 psi preset, it'll just piss whatever it has left at whatever pressure it has left, which will lead to drop-off. The reason you see different performance on different markers is down to the reg on the marker: as the output pressure of your tank (which serves as the input pressure to your marker's reg) drops, your reg begins to starve, and certain regs do it more quickly (at higher pressures) than others. The solution to this problem is to keep your tank full. And if that's not doing it, get a bigger tank in conjunction with keeping your tank full :D

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
yep, thanks... it has been leaking down the barrel at some points... think that will explain that too :) so, i think, apart from the ramp settings, its all fine now :D