Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lasoya needs banned

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
lemonade, it isn't the "kids these days" comment that got me, it was use of the term "younglings." That implies pod people, to me, and those pod people must be stopped at any cost.

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally posted by duffistuta
At PGi we are attempting to put in a bannings/suspensions panel in our PSP and NPPL tournament reports, listing who got penalised for what, as hopefully the negative exposure for the individuals/teams will have a knock on effect.
Excellent idea if I may say so! Would be great reading too.........:D

Originally posted by duffistuta
.....- the Lasoyas, Nielsens, Rage etc. - because they are great players......
I´m starting to wonder wether they would actually be considered just as great players if they didn´t have all that temper and "excitement" surrounding them?

Don´t get me wrong - great players indeed - but aren´t there just as many great players out there who don´t get as much attention, simply because they are not as interesting? If we were to level it up skillwise, wouldn´t there be a bunch of others standing in their shadow, simply due to lack of this longed-for excitement?

As I said - just wondering......... :)

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Chris is a great player, and if he weren't something of a sociopath, he'd still be one of the greats. I think he would still be one of the best known players, but maybe it would have taken more time, ala JR or Angel.

mazz_had2k4

matt hadden
Jun 23, 2004
darlington
myspace.com
Originally posted by lemonade
I'd just like to say...

we want new players to join the sport, and to encourage youngsters to take part in something that will give them an outlet for their aggression, in a controlled, diciplined way and give them a good reason to study hard to get a good job to be able to play!

And I hope I'm not alone in my wish to be rid of the mindless violence of the youth of today (ouch, I sound old!) and believe paintball to be a perfect way, for the above reasons.

Surely, for this to be accomplished, the top players should be trying to impress these youglings (the future of our sport) with discipline and fair play, not 'look at how well I can cheat' and using the same 'badass' attitude that we're trying to get rid of! :rolleyes:

Just my view...

:)

i respect your view, but when ur marshaling for goups or youth offenders, it dosent half hurt if u have to split up a fire fight between to people standing a meater a part from each other and trying to tell them the rules with them running riot around the place... lol
haDD3n

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Originally posted by mazz_had2k4
i respect your view, but when ur marshaling for goups or youth offenders, it dosent half hurt if u have to split up a fire fight between to people standing a meater a part from each other and trying to tell them the rules with them running riot around the place... lol
haDD3n
Ouch! yes, I can imagine :eek: but do you have a discipline procedure whereby they are banned for the next game/tourney or whatever if they don't abide by the rules? and if so, how do they respond to it? just curious...

mazz_had2k4

matt hadden
Jun 23, 2004
darlington
myspace.com
we have the fireing squad, where 5 people are lined up and they get shot, and they usually either take it. and dont do anything els, or in extream cases run back to the bus that brought them and sit and sulk there for the rest of the day, most of them arnt to bad but others can be rite t*ts. but because quite often i am there age they dont listen to me lol, its like when you get the big hard 17 year olds, granted i look 18/19 but am only 16 and they just dont listen, so much for respect for the marshals lol

it all gets sorted in the end tho lol :rolleyes:

haDD3n

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Lol, then perhaps you just need to wear more padding ;) Glad to know there's some sort of punishment though and perhaps they learn something while they're sulking in the bus...I know I eventually learnt while sulking in my bedroom (many moons ago now, lol) after not being allowed to go horse riding because of my tantrums :(

I still have them but Lump's punishments are much harsher...no ball!! Unbearable! :D

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by Gyroscope
Chris is a great player, and if he weren't something of a sociopath, he'd still be one of the greats. I think he would still be one of the best known players, but maybe it would have taken more time, ala JR or Angel.
Would a player like Neil Eberle or Roy Richards be more well known if they threw their marker (or a fit) after every game? Would Markus be as famous if he didn't brag about cheating?

I think paintball has followed the same trend as other sports in glorifying the bad boy image. The difference is that paintball seems to have neither the will nor the mechanism to reign in most of the bad boy behaviour. The NFL, NBA, MLB, FILA all have fines and suspensions ($$$) that paintball doesn't.

I'm curious to see what kind of reception "angels and demons" (or whatever WDP's new movie is called) gets.... whether people admire or ridicule the blatant cheating/bad behaviour the film shows.

BigbOYALA2

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Chicago
See, that doesn't work. The point is that damage COULD have been done, and there was no reason for the victim to be put at risk of having damage done other than Chris Lasoya's lack of control, or perhaps desire to entertain himself at someone else's expense.

Even the IDEA of doing what Chris did wouldn't even enter the heads of most players. That Chris even considered it, much less acted on it, and given that he's proven he's capable of doing similar things inthe past, shows that this guy has an atypical behavior problem that has a negative impact on the rest of the sport and he should be penalized for it either until he figures out how to control himself or nobody is willing to have him on his team because of the penalties he brings along with him.

Not that that will ever happen, which is one of the reasons paintball has so much trouble - it can't decide if it's a sport or a club.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. I'd be perfectly fine with him being banned from the NXL for a year. I'm just saying legal action should not be taken, seeing as no real damage was done.