The Home Of European Paintball

Lasoya needs banned

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by shamu
1. Would a player like Neil Eberle or Roy Richards be more well known if they threw their marker (or a fit) after every game?

2. Would Markus be as famous if he didn't brag about cheating?
1. Yeah, probably.

2. No, he wouldn't. That is what he is famous for, after all.

Chris Lasoya is famous for being a good player, though. I knew of him being a devastating game breaker for Avalanche before I knew about his quirks. I knew about his cockiness before I knew about his anger/"meanness". I assume that many others know of him in the same way, although I may be mistaken.

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Originally posted by Gyroscope
lemonade, it isn't the "kids these days" comment that got me, it was use of the term "younglings." That implies pod people, to me, and those pod people must be stopped at any cost.
Lol, don't quite know where I picked up that term ...but what are pod people please? :confused: :)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by lemonade
Lol, don't quite know where I picked up that term ...but what are pod people please? :confused: :)
Rent 'Invasion of the Body-Snatchers' either the Kevin McCarthy original or the Donald Sutherland re-make. And if you'd like a double bill for a cold and wet weekend afternoon see if you can find 'Day of the Triffid'. (Body-Snatchers is a much better movie than Triffid but it's still quality cheese in sci-fi form, if you like that sorta thing. Think the original 'Night of the Living Dead' except with giant stalks of brocolli instead of zombies.)

Or you could just Google Invasion of the Body-Snatchers.

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
Day of the Triffids was made into a mini-series in the UK in the late 70's. It was the scariest thing on TV, right up there with Dr Who!!
The triffids were giant calla lilies with long orange tentacles, and could move at around .004 MPH when they really got going.

Never understood how they got up stairs though, that bit was never shown on screen.....

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Help, triffids. Slowly walk away.
Anyone they catch deserves it.

As for legal action for a close up paintball shot..... hard to prove anything as four seconds earlier, putting 20bps into him was all part of the game.
Any legal action would have to prove that it could have caused serious injury.... which probably wouldn't be such a great thing for the rest of us.

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Missy Q
Day of the Triffids was made into a mini-series in the UK in the late 70's. It was the scariest thing on TV, right up there with Dr Who!!
The triffids were giant calla lilies with long orange tentacles, and could move at around .004 MPH when they really got going.

Never understood how they got up stairs though, that bit was never shown on screen.....
Aye, it was terrifying...I believe they utilised Stannah stairlifts because if I remember rightly, they only ever went into old people's homes. Cunning.

Oh, and check your emails Missy...